cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed SAP ECC 6 on Windows 2003 and database is oracle 10g.

Now I want to make copy of my production server which is SAP ECC6 on HP Unix and Oracle 10g to Windows 2003.

What are the step I have to following for Heterogeneous System Copy.

Thanks in advance,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The steps are clearly described in the heterogeneous system copy guide, check http://service.sap.com/instguides

In case you are going to migrate a production system, this has to be executed by a certified os/db migration consultant.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I have read that document but I have some confusion.

I am mentioning the following step. Request you to please suggest if any mistake. Because procedure will take long time so before doing request you to please suggest a right way.

In my case only O/S version is change. Source System is on HPUX 64 bit and Target is on Windows 2003 32 bit.

1. Run SAPINST - take export of source system from SYSTEM copy. - Here I will copy profile of TARGET System (which is on HPUX with same DB version - Oracle 10g) -

2. Run SAPINST - Use Target sustem -> Central Instance and give "EXPORT" path to export folder where source system export was taken.

and follow the instruction ...........................

Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Take database Export of your target system (SAP needs to be down!)

NOTE: you will be changing codepage (endians) when going to windows from HP read sap note on endians.

2) Use yor export dump to build your target system.

Note: you only need Oracle software for this as you will be building the Central Instance first then the Database Server.

Unless you are using the system you built earlier on Windows just delete all folders for sapdata Origlogs Mirrlogs

As you central instance is in tact and you will not need to build it again.

Again, as mentioned earlier if you are going to do this in production at some point you will need a SAP Migration Consulant to give you the green light of SAP will not Support you...

Mark

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Again, as mentioned earlier if you are going to do this in production at some point you will need a SAP Migration Consulant to give you the green light of SAP will not Support you...

not only for production but also for test systems that are actually used:

http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

--> FAQ

<...>
If you want to migrate a system without involving a certified consultant,
then you do this on your own risk. Any support for the migration and
for problems that result from the migration will be billed as consulting.
This applies also for non-production systems. 
You are obliged to let a certified consultant perform the migration.
<...>

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I am doing this for testing. I need one test system on windows platform to test certain task.

Thanks ,

Nirav

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem will be that you need to stop your production for the time of the export, otherwise you'll create inconsistencies in the target system.

It may also not be as easy as starting sapinst from a DVD, you'll need to update database statistics before, update R3load, lib_dbslib, R3szchk and R3ldctl - and use at least the same version for the import on the target system also. For big tables you may need to implement table splitting to decrease the export time and use the migration monitor for export and import.

The tools are all described in the system copy guides.

Markus