cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the system is picking negative value in commitment budget?

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating a GRN I am getting an error message u201CItem 001 WBS element MA.01.01 budget exceededu201D checking the same in budget report, I found that that the PO value of the element is negative in commitment budget amount details.

Why the system is picking negative value in commitment budget?

How can I fix the system from not allowing negative value?

Example: Total budget in WBS Element MA.01.01 is Rs.10,000.00.

The PO value for PO001 Rs.4,000.00, PO002 Rs.3,000.00 & Rs.2,000.00.

It means the available budget is Rs.1,000.00.

But when creating another PO value of Rs.2,000.00 the PO is getting save.

After that the system is considering any of the PO as negative. When I am trying to create GRN on that particular PO system is giving error message and asking to increase budget.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you take out PO commitment from AVAC check? Check once the tolerance limit setting for budget and if 01 activity type has been excluded from that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Our SAP version is 4.7

2. The commitment budget report from TCode CJI5

3. Tolerance Limit : Activity Type 01 (warring) for 90% & Activity Type 03 (Error message) for 100%

4. OKKP : The controlling area commitment management is active.

5. OBYC : Assignment of G/L is OK.

6. Please mention the check box that I need to tick before running CJEN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

6. Please mention the check box that I need to tick before running CJEN.

Untick Background process , test run and delete rest yoy can mark as tick and execute.

Rgds

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you to try this.

1. You need to run RKANBU01 for that PO. 2. Rund CJEN in live mode for that proejct. This should resolve it.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After running the program RKANBU01 & CJEN. Then mention problem got solved. Thanks to all.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check whether

1. In transaction OKKP for the controlling area commitement mgmt is active.

2. If this is only for a specific project the try to reconstruct project info database in transaction CJEN.

3. During the accounting entries system may hitting the recovery G/L accounts with the help of MM consultant check the accounting settings in transaction OBYC are correct or not.

Rgds

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you in which version. If below ECC 5.0 than you can refer note 165154. If above than not sure why it is happening. You can use this commitment correction program RKANBU01. I belive that all other availability control setting are clear to you and there is no exclusion defined interms of checking AVAC at creation PO commitment.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.