cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regaring UWL in Regard's SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any one has an idea about UWL(Universal Work List) and How it is useful in SAP XI.. Where will be implemented in SAP XI..

Advance Thanks

Regd's

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checkout this blog

/people/ginger.gatling/blog/2005/06/16/integrating-alerts-into-uwl--its-no-problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Here's the little that I understood about this concept...

The BPM capability has been incorporated in different NetWeaver components in different ways.

SAP extends the concept of BPM to include Universal WorkList (UWL) in the portal and the ccBPM in XI

The universal work list (UWL) in SAP EP acts as the central inbox for work items, tasks, notifications and alerts and users have some control over the business processes.

The ccBPM in XI helps achieve the business requirement for stateful process flow.

Now, how does all this come together?Let me try and explain this with an example...

If you're lansdcape involves the use of EP over several SAP systems, ex. BI, XI, an SAP R/3 system, etc...and if you want to see the alerts that are getting triggered from each of these systems...

you can avoid going to every individual system's alert inbox...by integrating and configuring the UWL such that alerts from all these systems are directly delivered into the UWL.

Hope this brought some clarity..

For more detailed info about UWL...i think you should even post this question in the EP and the BPM forum.

-Sushumna