Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageExpiredException in the Sync XI--JDBC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am developing a scenario

run a report in ECC, the report will get data from other database via JDBC and then display in ECC client.

thus i develop a sync scenario,

but sometimes i sent the request, and then wait for 3 minutes, at last get the exception: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException

This can not be always reproduced, but it happens very frequently.

I searched in the forum it seems lots of people get the trouble but i didnt see a solution.

I dont think expand the timeout parameter is a good idea, because when it works, it only take 1 second to complete the whole interaction, but when it doesnt, it takes 3 minutes then timeout.

Could you give me some guide here? Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards, Charlie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

The solution for this is to run a cache refresh as below:

- In Integration Repository/Directory go to menu Environment ->

Clear SLD Data Cache

- In R/3 go to transaction SXI_CACHE -> menu XI Runtime Cache -> Start

Complete Cache Refresh

Let us know if solved.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Charlie,

Concerning the error you are getting : 'com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException', the only way to get rid of this error is to increase the value of the timeout parameter 'xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default' under Services -> 'XPI Adapter:XI' to a higher value say '600000'.

Best Regards

Nishwanth

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

At times, it happens in Synchronous calls to XI box. One way I suggest is to handle the situation with optimum time-outs and adjusting in the ABAP reports (if possible - at least try to recall the service).

[How to Investigate Timeouts In Synchronous XI/PI Scenarios|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03747?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] could help to find out the time-out settings.

Mean time, you can check why the time-outs are occurring. Does it happen because of Network latency, database time-out etc.

Let me know your thoughts on this approach. I am also looking forward for better handling of this situation.

Regards,

Nikhil Bose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil Bose,

Thanks for your solution.

1. Changing the timeout setting for me may be not a good idea because as i noticed when the scenario worked, it takes only seconds. The default timeout setting is 3 minutes, which is longer enough. and since our scenario is a on-line transaction, it makes no sense if it takes more than 3 minutes.

2. I ask DB admin to help to check the log, it seems no error happen... for the network lantency, in fact i have no idea how to check it. do you have some experience?

Best regards, Charlie

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Charlie,

Hope you had been through the document in my first reply. Generally, the Sync call fails due to time-outs of various reasons. If the network latency is not the root issue, probably the XI box has to be tuned up. The document says the possible bottle-necks for getting the message not delivered in time.

Regards,

Nikhil Bose.