Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE7.2 and MDM 7.1SP05 - Best way of workflow implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have 2 questions for you

1)Are MDM standard Iviews available in CE 7.2 ? As in NW7.0 deployment of mdm business package gives mdm std iviews (search, result set, item details...) , Do we get these iviews in case of CE7.2 also ?

I am aware of the MDM WD components which gives similiar functionality but want to know whether these std iviews are available or not ?

2) Is it possible to implement workflow enabled applications with std MDM workflow or do I need to go with BPM only ?

I have to develop workflow enabled application which ll have all serch View, result set, itemdetails as well hierarchy search iview ? There is complex logix involved in implementation. What is the best way to do workflow implementation in CE7.2 ?

MDM version is 7.1 SP05.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. there is no std iview for CE7.2 , you have to go with MDM WD component.

2. the standard mdm workflow cannot serve the approval process, it is used for some validation and assignment.

The following two docs will be helpful:

[How to Build Web Applications Using MDM Web Dynpro Components|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/600333e0-9bf7-2c10-1f99-bf5dcf661949]

[How to Integrate Master Data Management (MDM) and Business Process Management (BPM)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50d7ad1f-6b27-2d10-448e-9c115ce7f5b3]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any future plan whether std iviews will be available or these are gone in CE environment. I heared some where with CE7.3 these might be availble. Can someone put more clarity on this.

I don't feel WD components are sufficient enough to meet all the businees requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello pramod,

I don't feel WD components are sufficient enough to meet all the businees requirements.

WD components is richer in features compare to old standard iViews.

Also it's easy to use custom dynpro iViews with WD Components.

Regards,

Shaailesh.