cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect xml file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We are in the process of upgrading our sap system from R/3 4.7x110 on SQL2005 to ECC6.0 EHP4. We are currently doing the same on our sandbox system which we created using the backup of DEV system.

We had generated the XML file from the siolution manager. However,we had not applied the permanent license key to the new sandbox system and the solution manager system. As a result, now during the upgrade at bind patch, we are facing the error

Severe error(s) occured in phase PREP_EXTENSION/EHP_INCLUSION!

Last error code set: Error reading stack info, return Code = -1, Reason = 'The stack configuration is not valid for the system WMD, inst.-no. 0720047392'

Initially inst no was Initial but on applying the license key, it started showing the new no.

My issue is I am not able to generate the new XML file though i have withdrawn the old maint. optimizer procedure. Also, in SMSY, i am not able to change the instllation number. Is the problem because of incorrect installation number of the sandbox in smsy. How do i change it.

Please help

Regards

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are still in the Preparation phase, your Sandbox system should still be up and usable. That is good.

Here is what I would try:

1) Install the new license key via SLICENSE in the system you wish to upgrade

2) Go into SMSY in change mode in SolMan and perform the "Read System Data Remote" function... or you may have to recreate the system (but I wouldn't think so).

After this, you will need to create a new xml file for the upgrade and, I believe, start again from the beginning.

It is most likely not allowing you to create a new xml file because the installation info in SolMan is different than that on the system itself.