cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign WBS AVAC not in the lowest level of WBS elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Community,

Our client has requirement to have budget availability control in WBS element level 3 while the WBS structure is until level 5 and the actual posting will occurred in WBS element level 5.

Our current setting is to have WBS element level 5 as Planning Element and Account Assignment Element. So, user can upload their WBS planning data from the lowest level of WBS structure. Then we copy the Planning Data as Budget through CJ30 and release it through CJ32.

If we set the value of Budget Data in CJ30 and CJ32 until the level 5, the system check AVAC in WBS level 5 instead of the amount rolled up in WBS level 3. If we set the value of Budget Data in CJ30 and CJ32 in WBS level 3, the system will check AVAC in WBS level 3 (as we expected) but the consequence is comparison of actual vs budget in WBS level 5 will have variance 100%.

Is there any way to define the budget data until WBS level 5 but the AVAC control is in WBS level 3?

Appreciate your inputs

Thank you and best regards,

Fitria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is not possible. You can plan at 5 level but if you enter budget at this level the availability control is against this budget. I think you have to budget at 3 level.

Regards,

sara

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to set up user status at level 4&5 WBS element which allows BUDG status and de-activates AVAC status when WBS element is budgeted. Then you can have AVAC active at level 3 WBS Element.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

user status at level 4&5 WBS element which allows BUDG status and de-activates AVAC status

It wont work. If you use user status to de-activate AVAC on the particular WBSE, then there wont be any budget check at all. It will allow you to post cost more than budget and It wont check the budget of higher WBSE.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if I may conclude, we can't set the AVAC in WBS level 3 if we have budget values in WBS level 5.

AVAC can be set only to Budget carrying WBSE. In you case it will be level 5 WBSE, if budget is allocated at level 5.

SAP Standard will check AVAC against the WBS which has the budget value.

No, Std. SAP will check AVAC against the WBSE which has budget and also the values of non-budget subordinate WBSE of the budget carrying WBSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>If we set the value of Budget Data in CJ30 and CJ32 in WBS level 3, the system will check AVAC in WBS level 3 (as we >expected) but the consequence is comparison of actual vs budget in WBS level 5 will have variance 100%.

We had similar kind of requirement, we had followed the above process. THis will provide the required functionality except the variance in reports. Try and convince the client to settle for this if this meets your requirements.

As AVAC can't be managed at WBS levels.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your reply.

So if I may conclude, we can't set the AVAC in WBS level 3 if we have budget values in WBS level 5.

The SAP Standard will check AVAC against the WBS which has the budget value.

Any other inputs?

Thank you and best regards,

Fitria

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree iwth Sara, Alternatively you can use diff. version at level of 5 for cost planing. If lower level WBS Element is not having budget values entered in CJ 30 / 32 /3X codes in that case they will use budget from higher level and AVAC will be at higher level. If required you can budget at level 3 and distribute it up to level 5 based on your requirement than by virtue of Budget values availalbe at lower level AVAC will work at lower level.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.