Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross catalog search not working via web transcation

danilo_adam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi community,

we are on SAP SRM 4.0 (SRM_SERVER550) and SAP CCM 2.0 with 2 catalogs. Now we are activated the cross catalog search but the search ends without results. The search within the catalog is ok.

Now i've debugged the fm BBP_OCI_AGENT and the search query is returning the correct results. When we use the web-transaction, ist doesn't work.

Does anybody is faced to this problem to or are there any suggestions for further debugging?

The SAP notes are checked and also the search function of the sdn.

thx and regards,

Danilo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

Lots of incidences appearing in the catalog are related to problems in the TREX server. The TREX RFC is the responsible for INDEXING the catalogs, and activating the Catalog Search Engine, that allows the requester to search for an item into the catalog from SRM.

The main problems that can appear because of this failure are:

u2022 The catalog search Engine is not working: When trying to find for a description, the search is not showing any result.

u2022 The publication is not working and gives an error.

The TREX can be checked in transaction SM59, where all the RFC connections are maintained.

The following reports can be run from client 050, transaction SE38 in order to recheck the TREX connectivity:

/CCM/CHECK_TREX

/CCM/CLEANUP_TREX

/CCM/TREX_RFC_CREATE_INDEX

Regards,

Ab.

danilo_adam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ab.,

thanks for your reply. i have checked the trex connection and the indexes. everthing is allright. it is confusing me, that while debugging the function module BBP_OCI_AGENT the cross catalog search is working fine and i get the correct results.

When i start the cross catalog search via Web-transaction i'm getting no results. Now i'm looking for some hints, how to debug the web-transaction call without external breakpoint or some other ideas.

Best Regards,

Danilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

Check the following:

IMG SRM: Sap Implementation Guide  Supplier Relationship Management  SRM Server  Master Data Define External Web Services

Click on the catalogues and check if option " Cross Catalog Search" is flagged.

Hope this helps.

AB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry just read that you already did it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it helps..only works with Web Services ID defined as INTEGRATED.