cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF error: Resource does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to transfer any PDS or PPM, I get the error: "Resource 10000602 does not exist".

This error happens during activation of integration model (transaction CFM2).

I checked the resource and this resource exists in ECC. Any idea on this?

Thanks

Aban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I created the planner in APO directly, I could transfer resources. Very helpful hint in link:

Thank you DB49!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aban,

Does the resource exist in SCM? Before you can transfer the PPM/PDS to SCM all master data (such as the resources) needed by the PPM/PDS must already exist in SCM.

Normally during startups I like to create a single Integration model that contains only resources. I send these across before any PPM/PDS IMs are activated.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

thanks for reply. I created an integration model with one single work center in it and still am getting this error message.

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

No tries with a another WC, the error message is: "Planner C10 does not exist"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aban,

You didn't answer my question. Does the resource exist in SCM? You can check in transaction /SAPAPO/RES1. Enter the plant, check "model independent selection", enter 000 for planning version, and execute.

The name of the resource in SCM will contain the R/3 Work center name and the plant. If the resource is assigned to the active version (it must be for your PPMs to work) then one row for your resource will have '000' under planning version.

When you get the message "Planner does not exist", that implies that your planner has not been configured in SCM. IMG > Advanced Planning and Optimization > Supply Chain Planning > Specify the Person Responsible. You must have one for each R/3 "capacity planning group" that exists in your R/3 Work Centers to be cif'd to SCM.

Also, after any attempt to send data from R/3 to SCM, you should immediately check your queues to see if you have had any failures (SMQ1 in R/3).

You generally should follow the data replication configuration guide from Best Practices.

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

thanks for the helpful advise; I will follow it and let you know. For your information: the resource in question does not exist in SCM. This is the first time I am trying to CIF resources.

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

I am getting the same issue of "Resource XXXXXXX does not exist" while using the transaction CURTO_CREATE to CIF the newly created WC's and Routing details to APO. Even the resource is existing in APO and already assigned to a PDS. I am trying to integrate the alternate work centers to the existing PDS, but i m getting this error.

Please let me know if you have any leads regarding the same.

Regards,

Avinas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

my requirement is NOT send the Work Center in APO and so i would be able to do not sent the related operation in the routing.

i created a Control Key without scheduling but it does not work.

Any idea?

thanks

Maria Grazia