cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high response time for a particular server node in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

One of the server nodes of EP application server shows high average response time in Netweaver Administrator.

I have checked the GC heap and there is no issues with it.

The other server nodes are having very good response time as compared to this one. I also checked the default trace of this server node and it is also not showing any issues.

I am trying to find the root cause of this problem. Kindly let me know if you can give your suggestions on this issue.

Regards

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether parameters on node set as per SAP note 723909.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

We have already tune the JVM parameters as per the note 723909 and it is maintained the same for all server node.

My question is that why this particular nodes is showing high response time as compared to other server nodes in

EP application server.

Regards

Gaurav

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

Are they residing on the same server or is it an application server where you have additional nodes running ?

If on the same server, one of the most logical options would a configuration mismatch compared to the other nodes.

Bad load balancing or running certain applications or services only on that node could also be a possiblity.

I would recommend to implement Wily Introscope and SAP Solution Manager Diagnostics to start with (= Root Cause Analysis scenario) to get a better insight on what is happening on the J2EE engine and to have detailed graphics, metrics and so on available to derive information from.

It is possible to run a comparison in SAP Solution Manager to compare the server nodes configuration (which is easier than checking every parameter manually). It was possible in diagnostics in the past (I don't know if the functionality is still there).

Another possibility to do it is Configuration Validation which is available in the Change Management work center in SAP Solution Manager (prerequisite is SMD agent, which you also need for diagnostics).

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Take thread dump & thread dump of the server node . Then you can analyze why the it's taking high CPU.

Regards.

Sumanta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Have you checked that the JVM settings are the same for both server nodes? Are all the server settings the same in both

nodes?

Kind regards,

Blanca