cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate 2 windows or applications in WD4A?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, dear all:

Now, i have encountered one problem, the detail is:

In WD application "WD_APP_1", there is one button named "Open APP 2", and also one "Label(text)" to indicate the status of the user action. That means :

When the user presses the button "Open APP 2", then it will start one new IE browser to open the WD application "WD_APP_2". and , the "Label(text)" in "WD_APP_1" will be set as "APP 2 Opened".

Now, we do our operation in "WD_APP_2".

When the user presses the "Save" button to save the change in "WD_APP_2", we need not only save the changes of "WD_APP_2", but also update the "Label(text)" in "WD_APP_1", that means the "Label(text)" in "WD_APP_1" should now be set as "APP 2 Saved".

Ya, one word :

we need:

"Save in WD_APP_2" and "Update Label(text) in WD_APP_1" should be synchronous .

I think: the key point of this problem maybe be the "Event/Action", that is: when the user presses the "Save" button in "WD_APP_2", how to inform the "WD_APP_1" to update the "Label(text)" . Event ?

However, i used the event , but it does not work fine.

How can i achieve that? can any body help me?

Thanks very very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The two WDA application are not able to communicate simply.

"Save in WD_APP_2" and "Update Label(text) in WD_APP_1" should be synchronous .

Unfortunately - not possible.

You can use a polling mechanism of some kind to communicate between the two - but they are running in different memory spaces so you cannot directly address one from the other - (or raise an event, etc.)

Thomas Jung has a demo of long polling (still not synchronous) somewhere which shows how you can do this in EhP2 - although in principle you could do it without EhP2 - you'd just need a timed trigger event in your WDA to allow your application to poll for changes - certainly not the neatest solution - but as good as you're going to get currently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much:Chris Paine.

Yeah, i think my problem maybe cann't resolved if i just want to communicate the separate WD applications simply.

You suggested that, i can use one regularly executed "EVENT" in 'WD_APP_1', which the event tells the WD to retrieve the "Text" which maybe saved as one parameter in SAP memory, then it can update the "Label(text)" in "WD_APP_1".

It is a good suggestion. If my PM can agree with that , i will try it.

Thanks.

Nice to talk with you.Best wishes~

Tangcan, from China.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tangcan,

as you seem to be from SAP (lucky you!) you would probably have access to the EhP2 long polling developments. I would certainly suggest that you used these to meet your requirement - as the alternative using the timed trigger is quite intensive on UI refreshing.

Have look at the following:

[WEB DYNPRO ABAP NOTIFICATION SERVICE|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/f0802995-3433-2c10-2787-d7db51352891]

And good luck in your development.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos
u9876

Moderator Message: Please only use English when replying.

Edited by: Neil Gardiner on Oct 11, 2010 9:31 PM