cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have One material Called X #1 from one DC1 and the same Material called X#2 in DC2.Here DC1 procures parts from DC2.When DC1 creates STO (PO) for DC2.How APO system would recognise the same part in DC2. WHat is the process?.

Regards,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

If the 2 materials are exact replicas of each other, then you can use the concept of super cession or FFF (in case you have many products). What the system will do is that it will look for stock of the alternate product (X#2) at DC1 before planning for the stock of X#1 at DC1. I hope you are looking at optimizing inventory for the materials. if that is the case, then super cession can be used effectively to manage this situation.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more details on this approach.

Else if you are foreacsting on these 2 products, then you can use location split to transfer all the demand from one product to another. You can explore that as well depending upon what exactly you are looking for.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I foegt to add some details. One DC belongs to one location code, and othr Dc belongs to different Locaction code. So here PO'e will create between two different location codes , with in supply cahin model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is highly desirable that at least in APO system, you should have one product no. across all locations in one supply chain model.

On Execution side (ERP system, SAP or some other). it will be expeceted to have one material number across all plantrs, DCs, if all these in one ERP system. However, it is possible to have different product nos. in different systems and when we transfer data from these ERP to APO with the help of CIF user exits we can model the scenario.

Similarly when we transfer data from APO to ERP systems, we can model the appropriate material mapping with the help of CIF outgoing user exits.

Regards

Datta