cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find which communication channel is picking the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one tell me, how can i find which communication channel is picking the file from the source directory?

I have a file scenario. File is coming to directory but it disappears even after I STOP the communication channel, I am using for this scenario

I want to find out which communication channel is picking the file.

How can i do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

You can find name of the receiver channel from Technical Routing Pipeline step under outbound binding.

Regards,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

This solution comes into picture when u know the message in Moni.

But in my case,

I dont get message in moni. The file is coming into Directory, and vanishing....I want to know which Sender channel is picking it.

If i know the message , I will definitely get all the details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try this:

Go to Communication Channel monitoring in Runtime Workbench.

Select all file adapters and check cluster node for each Channel. If the file is picked by the channel you will see processing details or errors related to channel here.

Since as you say the message is not seen in sxmb_moni then the communicaition channel would be red. Files that are picked from directories but not visible in sxmb_moni are usually in error at channel level.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur answer Dipali,

It really helps me to watch which channel is right now picking the file

Just to clarify, in my case file is disappearing from Directory but no comm channel is found which is picking the file.

As we have a couple of servers of PI/XI, it is assumed that comm channel from some other server is picking the file. And we are checking in some other PI server.

nways thnx for ur reply

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

I had meet with such an issue in the past. You just mentioned that the same file location is used by other PI servers so the possibility may be that it is picked by some other server-Channel.

Else ask the UNIX team to check the port level for the FTP server (the same case happend with me). Assuming that the File location is based on some UNIX server.

Regards