cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Integration for cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a major issue in cProjects and our delivery is pending because of this. For R/3 we are migrating from ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0. and we are upgrading cProjects from 3.1 to 4.0

This is regarding Scenario for Accounting Integration while activating Integration.

The Object tyoe we have defined is "0FIN_INT_SOC_R3 - Acct Int.: Single-Obj. Contr. in SAP R/3" with all relevant settings in backend. All settings relevant to "Integration Using Single-Object Controlling in SAP R/3 CO" are maintained in system correctly when we checked in ECC 5.0 and ECC 6.0 backend systems.

Now issue is we are In ECC 5.0 - while activating Integration we are getting Single-Obj. Contr. in SAP R/3 and No Integration as values in drop down Scenario for Accounting Integration.

In ECC 6.0 - we can only see vlaue as A Accounting Integration in mySAP ERP. but it should show "Acct Int.: Single-Obj. Cotr. in SAP R/3" as one of the Values.

My Question is : Is there any possibility that both Values are same but with different nomenclature in ECC 5.0 and ECC 6.0 system?

regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejo,

Thanks a lot for your response and efforts.

I would like to tell you that as i already mentioned that we have checked and compared all necessary settings in both Backend systems, and i feel that there is a change in Nomenclature only. The issue could be related to Portal version.

thanks,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any ideas on this issue?

regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

As I understand, your question,

Is there any possibility that both Values are same but with different nomenclature in ECC 5.0 and ECC 6.0 system?

I feel its not only about ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0, but more related to cProjects suite 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade. There have been significant enhancements in account integration of cProjects suite 4.0 compared to cProjects suite 3.0. The customizing settings for a/c integration in cProjects suite 4.0 are different from those of cProjects 3.0.

I donot think, that "Single-Obj. Contr. in SAP R/3" in 3.0 is equal to "A Accounting Integration" in 4.0.

In 4.0 the controlling object for a/c integration is defined in IMG node - A/c integration > Make General settings.

You will have to make the changes in customizing settings for account integration after upgrading to 4.0.

Regards

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejo,

Thanks a lot for your response, since we have a limited expertise in this domain, i would requst you to please throw some light on what we can do in term of configuration/customization in order to make these changes happen once system is upgraded. detailed explanation will be appreciated.

thanks & regards,

Prashant Rathore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I have tried to brief the configuration activities for account integration in cProjects 4.0 / 4.5 ; & ECC 6.0 assuming that your business uses IO as the CO object.

You will have to check each configuration after upgrading the cProjects & ECC systems. The changes wich are not reflected after upgrade should be ammended accordingly.

1) Structure > Define proj types : Make the Account integration relevant settings.

2) Connection to ext. systems > Accounting integration > Activate integration : The same settings as that of account integration in Project type.

3) Connection to ext. systems > Accounting integration > Define object link :

Object type (if you are using Internal order as controlling object ) 0FIN_INT_SOC_R3 u2013 Make the RFC & web server alias settings. also activate the services for the object.

4) Connection to ext. systems > Accounting integration > Make general settings : Mention the object type & reve calc type for the project type.

5) Connection to ext. systems > Accounting integration > Define Cost revenue rate : Define Cost revenue rate with validity details for each Org Unit.

6) Connection to ext. systems > Accounting integration > Replicate Cost revenue rate : Replicate Cost revenue to the ECC system using RFC.

7) Connection to ext. systems > Accounting integration > replicate accounting rel characteristics : Replicate accounting rel characteristics to the ECC system using RFC

Make these settings in the ECC system :

1) Integration with my sap components > Collaboration Projects > Create & Change controlling scenario > Create the controlling scenario, use costing variant PC02 for Internal order.

2) Integration with my sap components > Collaboration Projects > Define controlling scenario : mention the CO scenario, controlling method for each project type,

3) Integration with my sap components > Collaboration Projects > Settings for ECP : Mention the CO area & costing variant (PADH) for the controlling scenario.

4) Integration with my sap components > Collaboration Projects > Assign cost ele & acty type : The cost reve rate replicated from cprojects system should be assigned a Cost element (secondary), Activity type & revenue element (category 11)

Hope it helps !

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejo,

I may need some help from an expert like you.

1. May I know what are the settings to be done to create a PS project Automatically from a cProjects? .

2. Is it possible to map one to one relation between PD,WBS, Activity,Activity Elements etc in PS with PD,Phase, Task and Subtask of cProejcts?

My client have a requirement to create the PS proejct in R/3 based on thecProject Creation .

Note 983612 is little helpfull. still would liek to knwo what's possible and what's not possible

Appreciate your immeadiate help.

Thanks in Advance.

psconsultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The following wiki would be useful for PS & cProjects integration.

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/cProjectsMultilevelcontrolling-AccountintegrationwithProjectSystem].

2. A/c integration maps cProjects objects with PS - WBS elements. Activity & Acty elements are not mapped with cProjects objects like tasks, subtasks etc.

Regards

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sejo for the Update.

My Clients requirement is to map the Task to activity. Any possibilities. I think we can use CL_DPR_FIN_GECCO_IAOM_SERVICES which is responsible for the MLC . What you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I have earlier mentioned, a/c integration is possible only with WBS elements. You cannot a/c integrate activity & activity elements with cProjects. I dont think CL_DPR_FIN_GECCO will help you in this regard.

Regards

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejo,

Thanks for the input. Do you know any standard BAPI can be used to achieve this? Or is it possibel via any enhancment?

May I knwo what are teh settings refered under SPRO>SAP xRPM>base System Interface>Application Object Settings>Map Base System Object Fields to SAP cProjects Fields?

Can I use /RPM/PROJECTS_BATCH_UPDATE to update the cProejcts from PS Project?

What actually the CLASS CL_DPR_FIN_GECCO_IAOM_SERVICES used for?

Thanks Again

psconsultant