cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call an RFC from a ASP.NET 2.0 web page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to call an RFC from a ASP.NET 2.0 web page. We are using Visual Web Developer Express,

so we followed the documentation which says to use Visual Studio 2003 and the SAP .NET Connector.

We will then copy the generated class files to our VWD project. The problem we are having is that

the .NET Connector is not generating any class files.

Here are the steps we followed:

1. Created a C# class library application.

2. Added an SAP proxy to the application as follows:

a. `From the VS.NET menu, choose Project Add New Item”

b. Select the SAP Connector Proxy template and choose Open.

c. In the VS .NET Server explorer, right-click on SAP Servers and select Add Server.

d. Complete the SAP logon information and choose ENTER.

e. The folders BOR and Functions appear. If not, recheck your logon information.

f. To add a function filter, right-click on the functions filter and select Add functions filter.

g. Search for the function or BAPI you want to use and drag and drop it to the design surface of “SAPProxy1.sapwsdl”. This is the proxy designer you added in step a. The message Fetching Data, loading data, please wait a second appears.

In the SAPProxy1.sapwsdl designer you are at this point supposed to be able to see one or more RFM (methods) and any SAP structure and table parameters.

We can see methods and structures with parameters. The next step is supposed to be delete the Visual Studio generated class, for example, Class1.cs.

But in our case there is no generated class. Any ideas on what we should be trying next?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you turned on the "Show all files" button in top of the Solution Explorer? After doing so you should see a "+" sign on the .sapwsdl file. Expanding it shows the generated files.

PS: Why do you want to delete the files generated by .NET Connector?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Show all files" is on, but there is nothing there when I click on the plus.

Also, I was following the tutorial, which says the next step is to delete the files. A colleague has successfully used this procedure a while ago, and in his project he can see the files.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try doing a "Build" after the methods were added to the Designer? It is during the Build process that the Classes get created. As stated in an earlier post "Show All Files" needs to be set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried doing a "Build", no joy.

In solution explorer, I see SAPProxy1.sap.wsdl, then the node underneath it is SAPProxy1.cs, then the node below that is SAPProxy1.resx.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you DO see a generated .cs file? What's the problem?