cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM Extractors starter kit - transport of generated objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfully generated my extractors in development system, but now I am having issues when trying to generate the extractors in my QA environment.

I transported the metadata with Z_SA_TRANSPORT program and now I am trying to generate the read modules in the target environment with transaction Z_SA_DEPD (same procedure as in dev). This is my understanding of the procedure that needs to be followed according to SAP Note (please see comment below).

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE EXTRACTOR STARTER KITS SUPPORTS TRANSPORT OF METADATA ONLY FROM ONE SYSTEM TO OTHER(DEV-QA-PRD). ALL THE GENERATED OBJECTS LIKE PROGRAMS, STRUCTURES, FUNCTION MODULES AND DATA SOURCES NEED TO BE GENERATED SEPARATELY IN EACH OF THE TARGET SYSTEM BASED ON THE TRANSPORTED METADATA USING THE TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED.

But I am getting errors, which I suspect it is due to the target system not being open for customizing. Does it mean I need to have my target system open for customizing in order to complete this generation step?. QA may not be a problem, but I have some concerns for Production.

Thanks!

Regards,

Claudia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since answers have been provided and no subsequent questions have been raised, marking this thread as assumed answered.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh ,

We are not able to get these extractors successfully in our QA system in ECC using OSS note 1239883.

According to that we transported SPM starter kit in ECC QA system in a single transport with bunch of objects but when I try to see that Data source in RSA6 it gives us some error messages like extract structure not found and other things.

As per part of this note implementation there are some steps below which needs to follow. In our ECC dev I can see "ZSA_FFCUSTTABL" using SM30 and also tcode "z_sa_depd " is there. In ECC Dev i dont see any of them.

Can we maintain 3 step manually so we can have those tcode and objects in system ?

"Solution

Follow these steps to install, configure and run the SAP Spend Analytics

extractors.

1. Download the attached transport file containing the extractor objects.

2. Import this transport file into the corresponding R/3 system.

3. Run transaction sm30 to configure the output directory, filename and

delimiter in the view ZSA_FFCUSTTABL.

4. Run transaction SM30 to maintain the exclusion table in the view

ZSA_D_FLDVAL and ZSA_GLSPLIT(optional: see config guide for details)

5. Run transaction z_sa_depd to review the metadata and generate the

extractor program."

As per this first post by Claudia she mentioned this part below. Where and when we have to follow these action ?

" I transported the metadata with Z_SA_TRANSPORT program and now I am trying to generate the read modules in the target environment with transaction Z_SA_DEPD (same procedure as in Dev). This is my understanding of the procedure that needs to be followed according to SAP Note (please see comment below). "

I am trying to figure out what step we are missing in that. It would be appreciated if you can share your experience on that.

Many thanks and regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIkas

I am not sure if you have gone thru a comprehensive article on all trasnports in SPM.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80bfa1bc-3ddd-2d10-fda8-f9edad2a249f|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80bfa1bc-3ddd-2d10-fda8-f9edad2a249f]

Pls go thru it, especially pages 6 thru 9.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please give me the correct link... above link is not working.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia

Yes, you guessed it right. The system where the extractors need to be generated, needs to be open for customizing. This would be the fastest way.

If you cannot get the system open for customizing then the only other way is to transport all of the generated objects manually from the Dev system.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find a list of BW extractors for the SPM ?

thanks

Sri Sridharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

For the location of the extractors and all other FAQs pls refer to the following Wiki:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CPM/FAQ-DataExtractionforSpendPerformance+Management

Hope thats what you were looking for.

Regards

Rajesh