Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining the FileName in the Receiver FTP adapter

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a situation here, were i need to retain the FileName in the message header in the receiver FTP adapter.

I have tried using variable subtitution but seems the FileName is not supported in variable substitution.

Please help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make use of Adapter Specific Message Attributes . Check File Name option . The File name can be retained and can be seen in the message header dynamic configuration.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys that worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varible substituion works for reciever payload only. You can use Dynmic config in your mapping if you want get it from mapping. Or else if both the adapters are file based you can use Filename FileName option in both the adapters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you need file name to be retained in the receiver adapter from the sender side. then u can do that by dynamic configuration using adapter specific message attributes, check this blog for details-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

if you dont have a mapping in your interface to use dynamic configuration, then you can do it via adapter module also- have a look here, /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/15/copy-a-file-with-same-filename-using-xi

regards,

francis