Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class characteristics to MIC

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All -

We are creating MIC which are liked to class characteristics so that the values from MIC can automatically copied to batch characteristics.

We are creating MIC at corporate level and using these MIC in inspection plan for materials at different plants. The tolerance ranges for the MIC are maintained at inspection plan.

If MIC is linked to class characteristics i am unable to assign different tolerance ranges at the inspection plan level for different materials

For example one MIC say for example FAT which is like to class characteristic FAT. And plan is to use this MIC to different materials:

Material 1 has rage between 3 - 10 % in plant 1000

Material 2 has range between 5- 16 % in plant 1200

Material 3 has range between 7 - 9 % in plant 1300

I am unable to assign different tolerance ranges for FAT in inspection plan of above materials.

Is there anyway that i can assign different tolerance ranges for different materials for one MIC which is linked to class characteristics ?

Please advice.

Many thanks

S

Edited by: Sesh on Oct 8, 2010 11:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i can assign different tolerance ranges for different materials for one MIC which is linked to class characteristics ?

Please advice.

Hi

It has been discussed a lot about this query in the past.What actually happens is you can assign a class char to a MIC,then as far as the upper & lower limits are concerns ,they becomes fix.

So its really not possible to have same MIC with different tolerances.What actually you can try is make different Versions of the MIC. That's can be explored..........

Otherwise its Not possible............

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response,

I got the solution by maintaining "Multiple Values" allowed in the batch characteristics, and the MIC is used in the inspection plan with same version number.

Thank you again

Closing the call

S

Answers (0)