cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Leveling of Work Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with Capacity of Work center (WC).

I have a Internal Activity, and i assigned a WC for this Internal Activity. WC's capacity is 100H/day for 1 number of element.

Work of this WC is 250H, duration 5 days, number of element 1. Default capacity of this WC is distributed by Distribution Key define in Activity. . And they are divided equally between factory days in 5 day. That is capacity requirement is 50H/Day

So, i want to edit this WC's capacity following value:

Day 1: 100H/day

Day 2: 50H/day

day 3: 0H/day

day 4: 0H/day

day 5: 100H/day

How can i do it?? I try to use Dispatch Manually but i cant solve this problem.

Please help me for this case.

Thank all.

NLQ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

what do you mean by "100H/day for 1 number of element?"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha Vittal,

It mean that "Standard available capacity" of this Wc is 100H/day.

Detail of this Work center:

Operating time: 08:00

Capacity Utilization: 250%

No. of indiv.cap: 1

Capacity: 100H/day

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nhatlequang ,

AS per your settings in the work center capacity header ,if the work center is running for 8 hours per day and if the capacity

utilization is 250 % ,no of individual capacity = 1means then the available total capacity will be only 20 hours and not 100 hours.

Operating time = (working time - Break Time) * capacity utilization/100

Available capacity = Operating time * no of individual capacity

So here O.time = 8 *250/100 = 20 HR

Available capacity = 20 *1 = 20 hour.

Check and revert

Regards

S Mangalraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Why your utilization is 250%? is it correct? Which is your industry in which you have implimented SAP?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I have couple of points for you .Do u think that any machine can have Capacity Utlisation more than 100% ?? In your case it is 250% .May be technically you can enter this utilisation for time managemnet , but practically it may not be possible.

As you said WC's capacity is 100H/day for 1 number of element. : I think Work Centre has Operating hours and Avaialble capacity .

Operating hrs depends on your Break Time , Work Centre Start Time , Work Centre End Time , Shift Pattern (Grouping key ) .

Operating hrs =((End Time -Start Time ) -Break Time

If you are working exclusively 8 hrs per day with mentioned Capacity utilisation , then you should have available capacity of 20 hrs (82.501) .So it cant not be 50hrs ( 202.51) -may be three shift total 20 hrs ) .Just check this one .

You should revisit the set up Distibution Key based on Factory Days and carry out same testing in sandbox.

Hope this will address the issue

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

I change this case following way:

I have a Workcenter ABC001, and it's have some following information about Capacity:

- Capacity Category: 002 (Labor)

- Orther Fomular: SAP008

- Int. dis.key: SAP070

In Work Center Capacity Header:

- Factory calendar ID: 01

- Unit: H

- Start: 08:00

- Finish: 17:00

- Lengs of break: 01:00

- Operating time:08:00

- Capacity Utilization: 100%

- No. of individual capacity: 5

--> Capacity : 40H

--> Avalable capacity : 200H/ Week

In my project, i assign this WC (ABC001) to a Intenal Acitivity, and entering following information:

- Work: 500H

- Duration: 15 day (3 Week)

So, system automatically distribute Capacity Utilization equally. (166H/Week).

My purpose is that divive Capacity Utilization following value:

Week 1: 200H

week 2: 100H

Week3: 200H

How can i do it?

Edited by: nhatlequang on Oct 10, 2010 7:22 AM

Edited by: nhatlequang on Oct 10, 2010 7:37 AM

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear quang,

You can manually do a capacity levelling related to WBS element in these reports,

CM26 Capacity Leveling: Proj.View Tabular

CM32 Cap. leveling: PS graph.

CM53 Capacity leveling: PS elem/version

CM54 Capacity leveling: PS list via vers.

CM55 Cap.leveling: PS list WCntr/version

The system does not do this capacity split (utilization) automatically

Check and revert

Regards

S Mangalraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mangalraj.S,

I know this T-code, then i tried to dispatch with many different ways, but it's not effective.

Can you guide me how to Capacity leveling by detail?

Regards,

NLQ

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Capacity leveling depends on some of the basic set up of Capacity Requirement Planning .You need to have proper CRP set up frist .

Couple of check points : -

Did you work centre is relevent for finitie scheduling in CR02-Capacity Header and wht is the over laod percentage for work centre ?

Did you have Capacity Requirement Related Set up like Over all profile , time profile , Startegy Profile -OPD0?

Did your Capacity Check -OPJK -Order Control at order level are active for availibilty Check 1 and 2 and assinged Over all Profile ?

Set up :

1.Please assing a operation control key like PP01 where Details Capacity Check and scheduling is active .

2.In CR02-Work centre -Capacity Header -You should have Follow check box marked

1.Releven for Finitie Scheduleing

2.Can be used for multiple Operation

3.OPU3/OPU5 -Define Scheduling paramter -Mark Scheduling and Capcity Check for planned order or production Order

4.In SPRO -Shop Floor Control-Define Production Scheduling Profile -You need to matian the relevent Parameters like

1.Schedueling Automatically 2.Scheduling Log 3.Adjust Scheduling -Basic date , Depedent Requirement date 4.Scheduling Type -Backward etc .

These are all basic level set up beside CRP overall profile and other profile like strategy /time etc which may in place as you are analysing in CM01.

Please find below some of the useful CRP details : Refer this threads which are self explaintory :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8a/a5a3154adc11d189740000e8322d00/frameset.htm

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17026521/SAP-ECC-60-PP-Capacity-Planning-httpsapdocsinfo

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/PPCRPSFC/PPCRP_SFC.pdf

How to dispatch operation to do Capacity Leveling at Work Centre Level :

1.Frist Check the over load at work centre . Goto -CM07/CM05-give plant only -then hit the Stnadard view -You will find weekly or daily baiss load ( Requirement , Avaliable Capcity , Overlaod etc )

2.Check the week in which days you are tring to dipatch -if you selet the week check box and double clik it will show u all the dataiul load .Basde on the available capacity in other week-days u need to dipatch in CM22/CM31 or CM25/CM21

While dipatching in CM22/CM31-Select the Stragegy button on the top header -Mark Date entry when dispatching so that when you select the operation of any production order or planned order for certain work centre , it will pop with window having information of Date , Work Centre , Time .Onec you did this you will receive Scheduling log with certain information .

Hope this helps

regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Pl remove distribution key..system will do sheduling as per avaialbilty, which you can adjust in planning table. In case if you need get the distribution as per your requirement, then you need to play with function S10 to S50)

You create on your own function with the way you want and get the result

Like distribution first week 40%, 2nd week 20, 3rd week 40%.