cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Provisioning Java UME / AD / ABAP Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GRC Guru's and experts,

I keep hearing various points of view on what applications and systems CUP can provision to and what it cannot. I'm hoping someone out there can give me a definitive answer once and for all! This is how I understand it. CUP can provision to the following for certain:

Enterprise Portal (New users, role assignment, UME group assignment)

ABAP Applications (New users, role assignment)

AD (Existing user groups)

Java based UME Applications? This is where I get a lot of different opinions. I've heard people say if you can provision to the EP UME you can provision to any Java application with a UME. Is this true? And does anyone have experience with this?

If someone can anyone give me a yes / no on the following applications I'd greatly appreciate it!

AD

ECC

SRM

CRM

SCM

BW

PI

MII

BOBJ BPC

BOBJ BI

BOBJ IM

Enterprise Portal

MDM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

I would not go through all the applications you mentioned but I can confirm that CUP can provision to any UME as long as you have a core portal component installed. I can't remember what it is called but you don't need full portal installed.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clearify Alpesh comment; you need components AS JAVA, Enterprise Portal Core (EPC) and on top of that you need to install the Java RTA.

vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Just to clarify, would each server / application need all of these components including the Enterprise Portal Core? Including application other that just Enterprise Portal.

You also mentioned the Java RTA. Are you referring to the EP RTA? Is that RTA exclusive to EP or will it work for all Java UME applications?

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Thanks!

Kyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the EP RTA would work on all the java systems. As Vit mentioned, you would need to install EP Core on all the Java applications.

Alpesh