cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of rebate accruals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a problem where the reversal of the rebate accruals is incorrect during the final settlement. We have the accruals reversed during partial settlement, so during final settlement, it should reverse out the outstanding accruals. However, the system is reversing out the total accruals of the agreemtn agreement, resulting in the accrual reversed has a greater amount than the accruals.

Example:

Acrruals - 100

Accruals reversed - 50

In the final settlement, it should reverse out the outstanding amount of 50, but the system is still reversing 100. The total accruals reversed is now 150.

Is there any config to check?

min

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

the behaviour of the system looks correct to me.

I would advice you to check deeper the movements on the G/L accounts involved.

E.g.: G/L Accounts

XXXXX1 (ACCRUAL SD)

XXXXX2 (REVERSAL SD)

XXXXX3 (PAYMENT SD)

1. Rebate accruals > Debit of XXXXX1 (ACCRUAL SD) for 1000

2. Partial Settlement for 400 > Debit XXXXX3 (PAYMENT SD) for 400 and Credit of XXXXX2 (REVERSAL SD) for 400

3. Final Settlement > Credit of XXXXX1 (ACCRUAL SD) for 1000 and Debit (PAYMENT SD) for 600 and Debit (REVERSAL SD) for 400.

Please, do not forget that when you pay you pay on a Material for Settlement.

When you perform a final settlement the accrual you reversed is full amount an on the real materials profit centers.

When you pay partial you pay amount and you reverse accruals on the material for settlement.

I would advice you to check with the financial controller and analyse the behaviour of the G/L accounts.

You will see that the final balance will match and will be in line.

Regards,