SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Margin Split for Bonus Buy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Is there a standard way of handlinge margin split / allocation to article used in a bonus buy. For instance, when a customer buys a laptop they can be given a bag for free. However, in my current scenario business what to split the margin proportionaly amoung the articles involved in a bonus buy. Please advise if there is a standard solution for this.

Kind regards,

Mashudu

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hi Mashudu,

We know that there are specific standards by which mappings are done between SAP and the POS systems but it always does not happen in the way its suggested. What I mean to say is clients or should I say the consultants do map fields interpreting something else which is away from the standards.

Anyway a good practice is to follow the standard practice and do not alter the mapping. It is better to maintain the bonus buys in such a way that you get the desired results. For instance taking your example if you want that the cost of the bag to be adjusted on the bag as well as on the laptop you could define a % off bonus buy instead of a free goods bonus buy. Likewise you can use other bonus buys to get the desired affect.

An important point to note here is how the POS sends the data back to SAP for e.g. for header level discounts, etc

Regards

Kaizad