Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

When do I need to declare multiple usages of the same component

I have a noddy WD4A component with a main view containing only ViewContainerUI elements. Each container has a sub-view embedded implementing some functionality I am playing with. One of these views implements a select option by using the WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS component. I have got this working. Then I decide to make a copy of the view in order to test some modifications. I embed this in a new ViewContainerUI element on the main view.

So now I have 2 sub views implementing the same select option. When I run it, the 2nd select option appears in the first view as a duplicate. The only way I can fix this is by declaring a second usage (of WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS) in the component and using this in the copied view.

So now I have 2 WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS component usages declared (with different names) so that my 2 views can coexist on the screen. Is this really necessary? Had it been the same view implementing both select options fair enough - but these are 2 different views.

If the views were not displayed at the same time, could I have declared and used just 1 component usage?

Peter

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question