cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is migrating open application workflows to process-controlled WFL required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum members,

We have upgraded an SRM system from version 5.0 to 7.0 (SP 7) and we have gone live in SRM 7.0 with the old application-controlled workflows still being used for old and new documents.

We are in the process of changing the workflow to the new process-controlled (BRF) workflow and this works OK for new docments in our test systems.

Can you confirm if we MUST migrate the old workflows to the new BRF workflow when we activate the new p-c workflow into the live system?

I would prefer to have the old application-controlled workflow continue for existing document approvals and use the process-controlled workflow for new ones.

My questions are:

1. Can we use both application and process-controlled workflows together at the same time (new docs use p-c workflow, existing approvals to continue to use A-C workflow while they run down)?

2. If not, can we migrate SC n-step BADI workflow to the p-c workflow (report /SAPSRM/PR_WF_MIGRATION_CFG implies not)

Any help or advice is appreciated as always!

Thanks a lot,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Can we use both application and process-controlled workflows together at the same time (new docs use p-c workflow, existing approvals to continue to use A-C workflow while they run down)?

No we can't use both workflow together at the same time..

2. If not, can we migrate SC n-step BADI workflow to the p-c workflow (report /SAPSRM/PR_WF_MIGRATION_CFG implies not)

I never tried it, But Logically it is possible..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for your post - I thought I saw a reply on a similar post from Masa which implied to me we can use (run down) the old workfllows while the new workflow is used for new documents (but I can't find the post now when I need it!)

So I was hoping someone can confirm or deny this for certain?

Please let me know if you can!

Thanks,

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

we are dealing with the same issue in a srm migration from 5.0 to 7.0.

We have a copy of the production system with a lot of open workitems based on application controlled workflows.

We build up new process controlled workflows and activated those for the new shopping carts.

The report for the migration (/SAPSRM/PR_WF_MIGRATION_CFG) of open workitems seems to be not sufficient, because

- all open workitems are going to be restarted, right?

we tried to approve old woritems from the powl, that seems to work. Simultaneously brf workflow works fine.

Right now we are wondering why it should not be possible to finish the old workitems application controlled and the new ones process controlled. Do we miss something?

Has anybody experiences based on customer projects?

kind regards

Carsten