cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business View Manager - Dialog Placement Registry key?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know Crystal doesn't support multiple monitors. The biggest issue with this lack of support is when you do work on a dual monitor (or just a bigger screened) workstation than the one you're currently on, the dialog boxes "pop up" off of the monitor, so you can't use it.

I found keys in the Windows Registry where the prior position of the dialogs are kept. If they are removed, the dialogs will pop up on your screen when opened. (This is discussed in other threads...)

The problem is, I can't find the registry entry for the Edit SQL dialog used by the Business View Manager (Data Foundation -> command -> edit command). Can anyone point me to it? (If I weren't traveling the next few weeks, this wouldn't be a huge issue, but I am so it is 😆 )

Thanks for the help,

Carl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Designer does not support dual monitors very well either. The trick to getting an "invisible" window back is to use Windows shortcut keys. For example, hold Alt-Space and the window menu appears, even if the target window is off the screen. Press the "M" key and you are in window move mode. Move the window from the missing screen back onto the existing screen using the arrow keys. For example, if your extra monitor is on the right, use the left arrow key. It helps to practice a bit with a visible window so you can see what happens.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

Nice to see you again. I moved your post to the BusinessView Designer forum. I don't believe it's possible as it was in CR designer but this forum may be able to help.

Thank you

Don