Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Full Offline Backup Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a newbie to SAP.

I was attempting an Full Offline Backup through the DB13 transaction.

SAP is installed in a RHEL Cluster with Oracle DB 10gR2.

Because of Cluster Operation the Full Offline Backup is not performed successfully because when Oracle DB is shutdown during backup in the first node, the cluster automatically raises the service in the 2nd node and after copying files when the DB is tried to start on the first node it raises an error.

Is there a manner to notify also the other cluster nodes about the Full Offline backup in order not to start the DB and to perform the backup successfully.

Drini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 378648 describes Oracle FailSafe which is a feature used in the Windows Clusters not in Linux Cluster.

Drini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is offline backup for everyday or only once.

Now a days very few are going for offline backup. In online backup with online_cons option you can have a consistent online backup. If you really want to take a offline backup for once then you need to suspend cluster monitoring and trigger the backup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I want to schedule the offline backup to a regular intervals for example once a month

Can this cluster monitoring be scheduled automatically from SAP or can SAP notify Linux Cluster not to treat this as an "Oracle Down" situation but as a mainteinance in order not to start the Oracle to the other cluster node.

Best Regards,

Drini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at Note 378648 - Offline backup support with Oracle Fail Safe this might be helpful.