cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when processing your request

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

When i am using the SAP portal while clicking something this message in the subject line gets displayed and it says user session (HTTP/ SMTP) closed after time out.

Since it happens frequently , please help me how can i reset it to longer duration or avoid it.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please talk to your BASIS team . There is a setting to increase the portal session timeout.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

About "Time out" problem, In WebDynpro, we can do sth about it.

We can make use of system parameters.

The following steps:

1. you can define one Context node named "timeout", and it has only one attribute "timeout_delay".

2.In "WDDOINIT" of component controller, you can execute the following coding:

*1. get user-setting parameter
  CALL 'C_SAPGPARAM'
  ID 'NAME' FIELD 'rdisp/plugin_auto_logout' ID 'VALUE'
  FIELD lv_http_timeout.
*2. converse it as integer
  call FUNCTION 'CHAR_NUMC_CONVERSION' EXPORTING INPUT = lv_http_timeout IMPORTING NUMCSTR = lv_tempint.

"Off course, you can change as what you want

3.Then bind this value to the newly created Node's attribute "timeout_delay".

4.In your Main-view, in the layout you should add one UI element Typed "TimeTrigger", and bind the property "delay" to the context attribute "timeout_delay".

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Can Tang ..I want to know more from you about the same issue..Like how it works with these steps and please tell me what UI elemnt i have to use.

with thanks & regards

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And then you have an application that will never time out ( or will it?).

You're querying the system timeout parameter - and using that directly as part of a timed trigger - I'd consider not using that actual value for the timed trigger delay - but using a value that is perhaps 1 minute less - as timed trigger needs to fire before the timeout.

Also consider - why do you have a timeout? It's there for a reason - do you really want to stop it?

At the very least you should consider putting a maximum number of loops of the timed trigger UI element to ensure that the application does eventually stop working.

And just a general point on using the timed trigger - ensure it is in its own view otherwise it will cause view refresh of the other UI components of the view - which is really irritating if the user is in the middle of typing a long text into a Text Edit UI element.

Cheers,

Chris