cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC with PCo but without MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got a little task where I didn't found a solution yet.

Is it possible to use an OPC-Server connected with PCo in SAP without having MII running?

The background is that we have PCo already running for connection with PLCs. Now a scanner should be tied in. Unfortunally it can't be controlled via the PLC but there's an existing OPC-Server already running. On SAP we will have EWM running.

Is there a possibility to call directly a FM or class for trigger the scanner via PCo?

Thanks

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

unfortunately the answer is no. There are only 3 possible destinations in PCo in version 2.0 and 2.1: MII, EWM und ME (a extension).

There is a SDK for PCo 2.1, but it covers only the implementation of new source systems (in C#), but not the implementation of new destination systems.

Maybe you can make it work by using the ME extension. The ME destination contains a workflow manager, where you can insert arbitrary C# code. Just check it out:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/d04738c0-61fc-2c10-f6b8-dca72bdbab46

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Which version on PCo you are using 2.0 or 2.1.

Is it possible to use an OPC-Server connected with PCo in SAP without having MII running?

yes you can trigger RFC directly through notification

but see the help for PCo2.1 under destination system

The RFC destination system is used only with the socket agent for communication with SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) and socket-based programmable logic controls.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco21/helpdata/en/46/a00344d44852b7e10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

hope this help

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

thanks for the fast answer.

We are using PCo 2.0. There I defined a source system which is an OPC DA. I also defined a destination system which is a RFC.

When defining an instance which is connected with the source system all is working well. But when I try to add a destination system to the instance I'm getting an error:

08.10.2010 13:57 Error . 7 5180 OPCTest ServiceFaultManager Generating Manufacturing Fault: REASON = General PCo Fault: Invalid use of RFCDestination! The RFCDestination may only be used with the SocketAgent in a Warehouse Management configuration.

; SEVERITY = Fatal

But I will try the way via notifications as you suggested.

Thanks

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below note

The RFC destination system is used only with the socket agent for communication with SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) and socket-based programmable logic controls.

RFC destination will not work with OPC DA source you have to choose your Source as socket agent.

Refer Source with Socket Agent.

Following is help for PCo 2.0

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco20/helpdata/en/46/a00344d44852b7e10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare