cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export customizing from 4.6c (not unicode) to ECC6.0 (unicode)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm searching some help and documentations about how to perform the export of the customizing from my actual system with release 4.6c (NOT unicode) and import to my new system in release ECC6.0 (unicode).

Is possibile to perform this action between this two different release?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kobelli

From the little I know when I did an upgrade from ERP 2004 Non-Unicode to ERP 2004 Unicode to ERP 2005 (ERP 6.0), if it was ABAP Workbench programs the ABAPER has to make sure the code was UNICODE Compitable.

For Customizing requests, you only needed the latest version of R3trans and TP otherwise some of your screens might not display in their original form.

Also check:

Note 638357 - Transport between Unicode systems and non-Unicode systems

Also 330267

During import, you can use transport profile parameter "setunicodeflag=true" to force this indicator to be set. Transport control program tp submits this as R3trans option "setunicodeflag=yes" to transport program R3trans. This option is effective during imports as of releases below <= 6.10 only. When you import from Releases 6.10 or higher, the Unicode indicator remains set as it was in the source system.

This option is available as from tp version 310.51.02.

Matsobane B. Masibe

SAP Basis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you question is answered then please mark as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so it is possible as first you are exporting from 4.6c to ECC6 which has too many functionality added.

and second from non-unicode to unicode is also not possible except you do a unicode conversation. Even you find some how I don't think SAP will support for this.

why you need this? why can't this done via proper SAP recommended tools? ie upgrade and unicode conversation.