Did you mean: 

clarification about parameters to be changed for max no of 100 conv excd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our system we had received the error:

-

Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=xxx MSSERV=sapmsXXX PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR max no of 100 conversations exceeded

-

due to which some users were unable to work in the system.

The threads that i have found while searching on the topic have suggested changing the parameter CPIC_MAX_CONV=500 (or greater) as per the note 314530.

And as mentioned in the SAP note 316877:

" Reduce ~timeout on the ITS machine to enforce the automatic termination of unused sessions."

Now in SMGW i can see the "Active Connections" (first page of the transaction) and also the drop down option "logged on clients" which gives another list.

I am now trying to understand which timeout parameter controls which list.

Most of the entries in the Active connections list are from the TP jlaunch (and seem to be coming from the java stack of the same system). And most of the entries in the Logged on clients list are from the TP SAPSLDAPI.

I need to know which timeout parameter (as per note 316877) needs to be changed for the problem being faced.

Or have i misunderstood this ~timeout parameter and it should be set in Windows environment similar to the CPIC_MAX_CONV parameter ?

Regards,

Rohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Only CPIC_MAX_CONV is Windows env parameter , rest all are SAP Profile parameter .

gw/max_conn

,gw/max_sys

gw/max_overflow_size

gw/max_shm_req

rdisp/tm_max_no

rdisp/max_comm_entries

Set those on SAP end .

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you first increase the value for parameter CPIC_MAX_CONV as this not requires any restart. As this is an environment variable. Then you can investigate and will have some time to go through parameters and plan an outage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

I will be changing the CPIC_MAX_CONV parameter.

But I would still like to clarify about the other parameter : "~Timeout"

and be prepared to take action on this as well.

As per the (conflicting) information I have so far this seems to be some parameter that is to be maintained in each individual service in SICF ?

Or do we have any synonymous itsp* or gw* parameter which I can set for the timeout?

Regards,

Rohan.

Former Member