cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to choose field in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have completed my B.E(Computers) this year. I am a fresher .Presently i m working in MIS Dept in an Automobile Company . Here everything is implemented on SAP . I m confused whether Basis or Abap will be better .Will anyone plz suggest me ,in SAP what should i choose to flourish my career.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Ramiz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

This answer meets my requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramiz,

Basis and ABAP are two different fields.

Basis: This field relates to managing the Hardware, Database, Server Sizing, Workload etc. Basis User has all the authorizations and can execute all the T. Codes in any of the SAP Solutions individually or cross-solutions.

This field is meant basically for System Administration and System Security.

ABAP: This field relates to the Coding part of the SAP system. Its a language in which codes are written and it stands for Advanced Business Application Programming. In any of the SAP solutions, there are Standard functionality which usually meet the customers' requirement. But there are scenarios where in standard functionality doesn't serve the purpose. In order to meet the specific non-standard requirements you need to write/create new or modify the existing codes.

For a graduate in Computer Engineering, i think ABAP would be a better choice as it involves regular Innovations and keeps you up to date with the latest technologies.

Where in Basis, the job involved is monotonous and the upgrade in the new technologies involved with is over a long period of time.

Hope you understand the explanation and you are the best judge of which field you want to grow in.

All the Best!!