Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARAMETER CONVERSION ERROR

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a strange problem. When run a RFC FM, SAP shows the abap dump and runtime error was PARAMETER CONVERSION ERROR. I use ST22 and find Error analysis was below.

Parameters:

P1..................... "XMLConverterMultipleImport failed in ab_xrfcreceive:abxrfccal.c(1328)#"

P2..................... " error message: not a name character for character entities(2)#"

P3..................... " error class: Document#"

so i want to ask what the kind error of this issue. why it said XMLXMLConverterMultipleImport failed. How can i resolve it?

thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deepak_dhamat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

in which function module you are getting error is it z function module , if yes

what paremeter you have given and where you are using can you tell .

Regards

Deepak.

9 REPLIES 9

0 Kudos

can anybody help me? thanks

0 Kudos

Hello panzhijun !

Have you got an answer? Today we have gotten also an error with "XMLConverterMultipleImport."

Parameter: "XMLConverterMultipleImport failed in

ab_xrfcimport:abxrfccal.c(1272)#", " error message: Unclosed root tag(2)#", "

error class: Document#"

We found an OSS number (1469549 - RFC: work process abort) which refers to a patch (i.e. PL97).

Have a look whether that note could be a solution in your case.

Greetings

Hans-H.Büsselmann

0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Hermann Bü,

This issue still was not be resolved and i will check that notes as you give. If you have any news, please let me know.

Thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Hermann Bü,

Do you fix it with SAP notes?

thanks a lot

deepak_dhamat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

in which function module you are getting error is it z function module , if yes

what paremeter you have given and where you are using can you tell .

Regards

Deepak.

0 Kudos

Hi Dhamat,

This is Z FM and it has 4 parameters with it. These parameters were complex and deep structure. The detail info is below.

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_RFC'

EXPORTING

EXPORT_PARA1 = "this para is type of INTERNAL TABLE and contains 4 fields

EXPORT_PARA2 = "this para is flat structure and contains 3 fields

EXPORT_PARA3 = "this para is also type of INTERNAL TABLE and contains 4 fields

IMPORTING

DETAILS = IMPORTANT: THIS para is also type of INTERNAL TABLE and it is COMPLEX AND DEEP STRUCTURE. it contains two fields and also type of INTERNAL TABLE.

I think this issue maybe due to complex and deep structure. but i don't make sure so help me.

Thanks

0 Kudos

hi guys,

if you know this please help me

thanks

0 Kudos

hi guys,

i explain the parameters of Z FM and if you know that issue please respond me.

Thank you very much!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I got this same error but it was corrected following the below simple directives in th RFC Interface definition:

Always use IMPORT and EXPORT params, never use any other type, and above all TABLE params.

If you need to pass or get tables or even deep structures, there is no problem at all, just define them in dictionary a TABLE TYPES.

Following these rules we have RFC FM functions with very complex deep structures working fine thru soap rfc interface without any problem.

Hope this info is helpful for everybody.

J.