cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deploying project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two projets, one is an external library, the other a WebDynpro project that uses the external library. I can get these to go through the system with no problem. Two SCA files are created. The external library sca deploys with no problem, but the WebDynpro project SCA file creates an error. It will not load in the SDM. It says something about missing Metadata information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using J2EE SP15, JDI SP15, etc

Brian Timothy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have two separate SC's: SC's give SCA's, DC's give SDA's. An External Library DC has no deployable result, so you cannot have an SDA for the External Library DC.

Based on this information: Can you clarify your issue and use the correct terms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two separate SC's. One holds the external library, the other holds WebDynpro projects. The External Library SC deploys via the SDM correctly. When I try to deploy the WebDynpro SC it fails. I have followed the different Blogs and SAP help on external libraries. Everything compiles correctly in development and consolidation in the CMS, and both SCs are approved. Both SCA files are in the assembled directory. The problem comes when we try to deploy the project via SDM.

The error I get is:

1) Error loading archive

<FILENAME A>.sca

(server side name is: <FILENAME B>.sca)

com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException: The information about the software component

found in the SCA <FILENAME B>.sca is either missing or incomplete!

Manifest attributes are missing or have badly formatted value:

attribute keycounter is badly formatted (1000.1.0b.0.1.20060717185218)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 903613 talks about your issue...

Answers (0)