cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bypass yellow alert triggering mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I configured in my Solution Mnagaer, central auto reaction method ZCCMS_Send_Alert_Central.

I set it on the MTE node "Last brbackup run"

The problem is that, when in the night backup starts, and the CCMS runs, it checks the backup that it is in yellow status (started) so an alert is triggered and an email started.

Is it possible to bypass the check in some hours of the night?

Or how to solve my problem?

Thanks for your help.

Mario Bisonti

Edited by: Ferruccio Galli on Oct 8, 2010 11:47 AM

Any news about my issue?

Thanks.

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not in the Alert method select alert only on as " RED".

it should solve the problem.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo.

In the MTE node "Last brbackup run", you cannot select alert only on as " RED".

Mario

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

The desired system behaviour could be achieved by means of forwarding the alerts to Alert Management (ALM), which provides numerous functions for handling alerts.

Please see the folowing extract from the SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 Documentation on following URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/e3/bf3b7a8ccb8040b638ff 732c551aeb/frameset.htm

-> Example Configuration

In Alert Management, you can determine the times at which you want to be informed about an alert, and whether external communication methods (mail, SMS, fax) are also to be used. This is done in a BSP Application, which you can call using transaction ALRTINBOX -> Personalization or with the following URL: <Prot>://<Hostname>:<(><<)>Port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertinbox

All related documentation to this area can be found on www.service.sap.com/alert, please kidly review it and set up ALM

in order to achieve the required behaviour.

Please see the document: Forwarding Alerts to Alert Management in this link.

You have to assisng auto-reaction method CCMS_Send_Alert_to_ALM to the MTE Class.

If you define the method as Central Auto-reaction, you have to do the assignment in the Central Monitoring System CEN,

if the method is defined as local-autorreaction, then you have to do the assignemnt locally on the monitored system.

I hope this helps you,

With kind regards,

Marta

SolMan EMEA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Marta.

I followed the guide that you mention in your answer to setup the alert.

No I set the alertinbox so it is active on "Workday" in Italy from 9.00 to 21:00

But what does it works?

If I start a backup at the 22:00,doesn't it trigger a yellow alert until the 9:00 of the next day?

And if it gives a, error, so it generates a red alert, it is trggered at the 9:00 ?

Thanks.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it doesn't work with the factory calendar.

How could I solve it?

Thanks.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any news about my issue?

Thanks.

Mario

0 Kudos

Dear Mario,

I am sorry but I am not ALM expert, this Topic falls not in the Solution Manager area, but is not related to CCMS, so please

create a new post in the Netwaever Forums so that the colleagues there can check you questions and help you further.

I apologize that I cannot help you further with this, but I coudl only give you the main docus and hints.

With kind regards,

Marta