cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV04N Variant by default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem, I want that the transaction CV04N have a default variant. That executing the transaction, pre-configured to run with this variant without the user having to do anything.

I've tried for the transaction SHD0 that i enter by IMG:

SAP NetWeaver -> General Settings -> Field Display Characteristics -> Configure Application Transaction Fields

I created a Standard Variants, and Screen Variants, and I've created using the menu function Variant -> Change with processing.

I put the value in the field "Document Type" which is what I want to take by default, but then I have no choice when I give a record for me to display content in that field, so that when I run the transaction value not appears in the field.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the initial screen of CV04N at top u can find "Save Varient" enter the values in the field and then press the button.. while saving the varient uncheck the "user Specific" this will lead to default the variant for all the users.

OR

u can create many variants.. during the txn. you can choose the variant by clicking on "Choose Variant" button.

Regards

GK.

Edited by: Gnana Kumar on Oct 8, 2010 12:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want to tell me that i run the transaction CV04N and then I record the standard variant and unchecking the check box for specific user, then other users will see that variant by default? is the first thing I tried but users do not see the default variant in the transaction when they enter in CV04N.

Clearly, then they can select the variant with the button in the initial screen of transacction CV04n, but i want that this variant

to run by default when they open the transaction with predefined values..

Thanks for answering.

A greeting.

Edited by: chuso100 on Oct 8, 2010 1:00 PM

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry but in CV04N it is only possible to maintain selection variants but not set one of them as default variant which is called

by starting CV04N.

Regarding your question I can only offer you to create your own selection variants. Therefore please go to transaction CV04N and enter the desired selection criterias like number of hits, document type, document status and so on.

Then press the button SAVE. Now a pop-up window appears where you can save the entered criterias as selection variant. You can also decide if this should be a general or a user-specific variant. If you choose user-specific than only your user has access to this variant.

Now you can always take this selection criterias by just pressing the button CHOOSE and taking your selection variant.

I hope this information will help you, as this is the only way to determine default values in the CV04N document search functionality.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Certainly it is not possible. Thank you very much for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I have same kind of issue but with different error. Could you plz reply to my thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3360070    

This issue is suddenly started for 02 users. I have also install SAP GUI latest patch but still issue is not resolved. Could you plz throw some light on it as it is quite urgent issue .

I am waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks

Pravink

Answers (0)