cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recovery failed during homognuos System copy maxdb 7.7 red hat 5.4 ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

*Actully i have one Development Server with ECC 6.0.. + maxdb 7.7 database OS Red Hat 5.4.

Please help us to what username and password we can give....i am from oracle backgroud so i am a newbie in maxdb.

Source System

ECC 6.0

OS Redhat 5.4

SAPSID WIA

Target system

ECC 6.0

OS Redhat 5.4

SAPSID WID

Now i am going to Create Quality Server for my landscape using homogenoues system copy ....option in target machine... and I have taken database backup (offline backup) also...

But during system copy it is asking for Database recovery . For recovery i am using DATABASE MANAGER TOOL (DBMGUI 7.6 maxdb) but it is asking for IP ,DBname username and password.

I have given the IP and DB Name but dont know the username and password for the target Machine SAPSID

Because at the time of system copy it asked for database recovery before creating the database users phase .

I checked with xuser list from command line it is showing no values.

Tried with the username and password given at OS level and the password for Source system but no luck.

So what to do.....

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please someone help me for regarding this issue it's critical ....i am waiting for you valueable suggestion

Edited by: amkum82 on Oct 11, 2010 1:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to spend some time on reading.

follow http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/SAPMaxDBHowTo

and look for Backup / Recovery

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

->You could create the SAP message & get SAP support.

->In general, check if you created the database instance for the restore with parameter initialization from the databackup of the source DB instance.

Check if you could connect to the database using the source database users/passwords.

If you created the target database instance using DBMGUI, then check, if you could connect to the database with DBM user u2013 dbm & password u2013 dbm.

->You could drop the target database & create the instance for restore, when you will be asked for dbm user u2013 change it to control/control, continue then with restore.

The SAP DB or MaxDB Homogeneous system copy SAP note has more details/steps:

129352 Homogeneous system copy with MaxDB (SAP DB)

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I am sahil garg and amkum82 user we both are working on the same issue.

We both are from oracle backgroud.Newbie in maxdb.

We have are following the 129352 note for homogenous system copy.

2. Target system:

b) Restore:

Before the restore, you must initialize the target instance. This initialization formats the log area. Data volumes are only formatted if they are not configured as raw devices and are not available in the configured size.

We dont know how to create instancefor tarhet system in maxdb for homogenues system copy.Could you please help us out what steps needed to be executed for this.

Thanks Regards,

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two default users in maxDB,

control

superdba

The default password for control is control

you can check the same from database manager --> Configuration --> users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

But our issue is we are not able to connect the db because we dont have user name n password for the target system db .

On Target System copy asked for DB recovery before creating the db user's.

We tried with

user control

pass control

user superdba

pass admin

but no luck.

We required how we can login the target DB so that we can start the recovery on the target DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to connect your target DB using following command. You have to put , (comma) between userID and password.

dbmcli -d <DB> -u control,control

If you have any other userID who has full access then you can change the password for control userID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we done using dbmcli -d <db_name> -u control,control

user authorization failed error

same error for superdba user

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to change the password then follow Note 25591 - Changing the DBM, SYSDBA and DBA user passwords

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our issue is on our target DB thier is no user created because of that we are not able to login in the DB server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To reestore your DB can you follow [original link is broken]

also http://maxdb.sap.com/training/expert_sessions/SAP_MaxDB_BackupAndRecovery.pdf