cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically release from blocked/QI stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of our products have specified curing periods, After the production stock should issue as a blocked/QI stock. This blocked stock should be kept without being consumed till the curing period is finished. After curing period is over it should automatically directed to the unrestricted stock. At the same time if there is a special requirement system should facilitate to release this blocked stock manually.

Please advise how to configure this requirement.

Regards,

Madhushika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhushika

You can use the Automatic UD functionality for this. Please find the details regarding the same

1) In the inspection setup for the inspection type maintain tick for automatic usage decision

2) Makes sure in config the time for automatic ud as your time for curing period . SPRO > Quality Management > Basic Settings > Maintain Settings at Plant Level > Plant > Inspection lot completion > Delay time for skip lots

3) Schedule automatic usage decisiion in QA17 with the required parameters. Schedule the same for every half an hour or one hour

4) After the GR of the material inspection lot will be created and will be posted automatically based on the plant level timing

Before making the usage decison, however, the system waits until a specified amount of time has elapsed from the date the inspection lot was created. During this time period, you can still intervene in the automatic process.

Please check this out and let me know your feedback

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Do we have to tick automatic usage decition in material master ?

We tried your solution. Although automatic usage decition is taken stock is not moved automatically to unrestricted stock.

Is there a method to overide the plant level delay time by the avg inspection duration in mm02 quality inspection view, So that we can have different curing durations for different materials.

Regards,

Madhushika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhushika

a) In the UD code which you are using make sure that you have the following setting in the config (QS51 )

1) In Posting Proposal Maintain VMENGE01 to unrestricted

2) Tick Background Processing of Stock Screen (adjacent to the field above)

And then try Auto UD.

b) For surpassing plant level setting you will have to check for any exits ( Maintain Z table material wise with timing) check with exits like QEVA0010 |UD: Usage decision check

Regards

Gajesh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I would suggest that you copy the automatic UD program and make your own version of it. You can than check curing times as needed.

I would suggest putting the curing time in days into the material 001 class as a characteristic. This saves you from doing a Z table and doing any development for that piece of it.

I'd set these materials up in a special material number range and than use a variant on your custom Auto UD for that range of materials. Than you can exclude those same materials from the regular auto UD so it can be run for other materials that have no cure times.

FF