Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP: error generating the test frame

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP gurus,

I received below error during execute/test the function module. Could anyone help or advice me why i'm getting the below error.

-

Error generating the test frame

Message no. FL819

Diagnosis

The system could not generate a syntactically correct test frame for function module ZDEV_DC_REALLIGNMENT_C4. You therefore cannot test the function module using the test environment. You have probably used an ABAP feature in the interface definition that is not yet supported in the test environment.

The error message is:

"ANY TABLE" expected, not "HASHED TABLE".

System response

Procedure

Check whether you can change the interface of the function module so that it is possible to generate the test frame. If this is not possible,you will have to write your own utility for testing the function module.

Procedure for System Administration

-

Thanks.

Best regards,

Shanti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shanti

In the interface of the function module apparently a HASHED table type is used which cannot be generated in the test environment.

Either you replace you HASHED table type with a STANDARD (or ANY) table type or you write a litle report which calls your function module.

This is a normal limitation of the test environment in SE37.

Regards

Uwe

2 REPLIES 2

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shanti

In the interface of the function module apparently a HASHED table type is used which cannot be generated in the test environment.

Either you replace you HASHED table type with a STANDARD (or ANY) table type or you write a litle report which calls your function module.

This is a normal limitation of the test environment in SE37.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP,

Generally, this error is caused by the complex typing of the parameter of the function module.

The test environment of the function builder cannot represent these parameters in the input template (for example generic types, xtrings, strings, object references).

My suggestion is to use where used list for the function module, and check how it has been called in other programs and implement directly in the program , then it will work and give u result.

Regards,

PJ