cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate Webi Report / Universe from Dev to production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are lot of possibilities to migrate a Webi report or a universe from Development server to Production server. my question for the experts is what is best practice scenario to do that. What should i take in consideration.

if i rename my Production universe, place it in an other Path and base my migration on the option "compare name and Path" of the universes. would it migrate ? What about the Connection ?

My Target when migrating Universes. Is only to migrate the universe without connections

But when migrating Webi Reports is to migrate only the reports without universes or connections. But at the same time be sure that the Report is adressed to the right universe in the Destination System.

Is that realistic .. Thanx ..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gowdatimma_ramu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in BO XI 3.1 the best option is to use LCM, please reffer the product guide.

Regards,

Ramu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

we use BOXI 3.1 SP2. I ve heard that LFM is recommended from SP3 upwards .. Not for SP2 (some bugs in) .. is that rights . Any experience with ..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

One can use :

1. LCM(Life Cycle Management)

2. Import Wizard

SAP BO introduced LCM specifically for migration of reports/universes etc between different environments. (DevTestQA--Prod) and at the same time one can use "Import Wizard" also.

And Import Wizard you can use for migration from older version to newer versions.

Per my experience, i used and using Import Wizard for migration between environments.

If you need further help on this, just let me know your mail, i'll share real-time migration doc which i prepared.

Thank You!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share the document to as we have some migrations going on for Dev to QA.

Regards,

Pradeep P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prerequest:

You should have Remote access to both the server the BO is installed

Approach1:

Login to source server

create a folder with the name temp.biar in the desktop of server 1

Go to import wizard of server 1

select server 1 as source and temp.biar file as a destination and import all that required to biar file

from server 1 connect to server 2 and place this biar file in some shared folder

connect to server2

open the shared folder and copy that biar file and place it in the desktop of server2

Go to import wizard of server 2

select the temp.biar file from desktop of server 2 and destination as server 2

and complete the process

Note: as we are doing this in remote, there will be lot of issues while connection to path which sometimes even the erro r message will mislead us....

Approach2:

dont create any biar file

Login to server 2

Go to import wizard

select server 1 as source and server 2 as destination and move directly from server to server

Approach2 is not preffered if server 2 is production serve....

this may help

Thanks,

-Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos