cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While Document Distribution how to give comments about document attached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In Document Distribution, while entering Document & Recipient list in Tr. Code CVI8 is it possible to give any note or comment about attached documents so that recipient can understand the purpose or subject of document send.

Also if we are able to send those comments how recipient can see those comments or notes for the documents which are in his inbox. i tried to explore with Distribution order description icon but not found useful as i am unable to see those description about distribution order in recipient inbox.

Any suggestions if am doing anything wrong....

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

If you want to send document with Details and want to send it to a SAP User then, Check my solution.

Follow the steps.

1. Open document in display Mode.

2. Go to Services for object Loga at top left Corner. Click and Go to Send > Send Object With Note.

3. You will get a pop up mail. Enter the details such as Subject, Detail Mesage, and user to whom you want to send.

4. Press Send icon at bottom of pop up.

5. The Document is sent with Object as attachemenet in the User SAP Inbox. If he clicks the Messgae received. He is able to see all the details you have entered.

Hope this helps you. Please confirm if this has helped you.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellant mangesh,

Your solution definately will work as this solution allready known to me.

But still anybody can suggest me why then SAP needs to incorporatre Document Distribution in DMS as we can maintain & distribute everything in service for object except status management.

also If Service for object have option of maintaining comments why not Dcoument Distribution in DMS.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When doing document distribution, you can create distribution context with customised messages so that the recipient understands the context of the distibution. For example:

FD - Final Distribution

FC - For comments

If its for comments, the user can either add the comments to a layer in the document (if PDF) or in the comments section of the DIR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

There is standard facility for comments in "Status Log" field. In this field users can see the comments by creator or releaser. This can be used for short comments. The configuration is done in "Define document status" for document types in DC10.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Yes there is standard facility for comments in "Status Log" field. but i am not using any digital signature for particular status so i can not maintain any comments against the same status.

Aslo my problem is user allready created, maintained the status for document & he is in documents distribution screen in t code CVi8 that is why i wanted to give him facility of making comments or notes in Tr code CVi8.

I hope i made my requirement clear ths time.

Thanks,..