cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate external DMS to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Like SAP has a DMS,We have developed a 3rd party DMS which has additional functionality

now i want to integrate this 3rd part DMS with SAP .

Using Tcode OAC0,OACT and CSADMIN we can configure only external content server(HTTP) but we can not connect to 3rd party DMS.

Is there any work arround so that we can connect SAP tcode (CV04N screen which is used to find documents) to 3rd party DMS.

Is there any SAP functionality using which we can integrate to 3rd party DMS?

or

please suggest me what can be possible solutions ??

Thanks

sandep sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

any update on this ?

Thanks

sandeep

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

If I understud your question you want to Create DIR in SAP DMS and Save original file i( Word, Excell, Pdf, Tiff)in the third party Server.

With regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh

thanks for the reply

No , i have seperate 3rd party DMS like SAP has its own.

now i want to connect that 3rd party DMS to SAP using archive link

Functionality should be like this .. after integration ... if i give some parameters on sap screen , these parameters should reach there to my 3rd party DMS and then this DMS will search for the same document.

thanks

sandeep sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

This is not possible with most products that integrate with SAP. In most cases, all the integration enables is the use of the product as an SAP repository. Some products like extended ECM by OpenText do enable this, but they require loading of transports into SAP to enable the functionality.

On the issue of search, this would not be available. The only way to integrate to cv04n is to have the documents published to SAP by the product.

Regards,

Athol

Edited by: Athol Hill on Oct 10, 2010 7:39 AM

srinivas_nistala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

I am not sure if you would need all the functionalities that the SAP DMS solution offers. If you just need to search and viiew files from an external application, you may try the t-code OADFFCUST to create what's called a Document Area. There are certain steps you have to follow (Assuming that your custom application has a RDBMS behind it to manage the metadata of the documents):

1) Create an RFC connection to the external application/database

2) Implement the ABAP classes for

a) Search document - implement class IF_ALINK_QUERY. Use CL_ALINK_QUERY as an example

b) Display the document properties and the corresponding file. - implement class IF_ALINK_HITLIST. Use CL_ALINK_HITLIST_TREE as an example.

This development would require good understandanding of RFC communication and ABAP.

Once the document area is defined with the corresponding custom classes for search and display, you would be able to search for the documents using the t-code OA_FIND.

Hope this helps......

-Srini