Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is IDOC Adapter?

Can i use IDOC Adapter as Sender? Becuase while defining Comm. Channel in Integration Directory, when i select IDOC Adapter from list, the 'Sender' radio button going invisible mode.

Where can i get good knowledge on IDOC Adapter with some good Scenario example.

Thanks

Jen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Idoc adapter converts xml into idoc xml in the Receiver side.

It is not required to have Idoc adapter in the sender side as it is a part of ABAP stack. So it directly puts idoc xml into XI pipeline.

For more-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Note: in PI 7.0 you have Idoc sender adapter option .

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for reply. Any sample Scenario b'logs on this?

Also please give me info on

1.File Adapter

2.Is File and FTP Adapter are same?

Thanks

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

Idoc to File -

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

File to Idoc Scenario-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

<i>1.File Adapter</i>

>>>File adapter converts File data into XI understandable XML format. and vice versa. It picks the file and drops the file for the specified path.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0b/9a50465ccf84479e39a6d50c90fb3f/content.htm

<i>2.Is File and FTP Adapter are same?</i>

>>Yes , FTP and NFS are 2 types of Tranport Protocols used in the file adapter. Here FTP is used to get/drop the file from FTP server installed . And NFS is used to pick/drop the file into same XI server . i.e folder is created in XI server itself. I am not sure people calling it as a FTP adapter.. I did not hear ))

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thank again.

for IDOC Adapter, we NO need config some <b>Determination</b> or <b>Agreement</b> in Integration Directory.

Is it for IDOC Adapter? Sender or Receiver.

If there are for Other Adapter, what is that Adapter?

What are all other Adapters, that do not require <b>Determination</b> or <b>Agreement</b> in Integration Directory.

Thanks

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

For all the scenarios, you need to have Reciever Determinations.

<i>

Is it for IDOC Adapter? Sender or Receiver.</i>

>>Yes Idoc adapter sender , no need of Sender Agreement

If you are using Idoc Adapter and Http adapter as a Sender, then it is not required to have Sender Agreement as these are parts of the ABAP stack. ( But in PI7.0 (SP17) it is provided) because communication channel is not used for this. So sender agreement is nithing but binding your communication channel with Sender Interface.

<i>Determination or Agreement</i>

>>>Determination is different. Determination is part of COllaboration profile and Agreement is part of Collaboration agreement in XI terminology. SO it is not used alternatively (i.e not 'OR')

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great. Thanks for your help.

gave points..

J

Answers (0)