cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between Windows Active Directory and ECC System (ABAP)

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having Windows Active Directory in place and we have ECC System and Portal in place.

Previously, users use Portal to access SAP and since SSO is maintained between Portal and AD, user enter Windows Level password in Portal to logon to the SAP.

Now that there are some issues with portal, management has planned to use SAP GUI in place of portal, however the issue is, management wants SSO between Windows Active Directory and our ECC System (ABAP).

Did any one do this before. If Yes, please share the document on proceeding further.

Not sure, how to proceed on this case. Any one's help or advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

C V Jayachandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about kerberos authentication?

As far as i know, you cannot use kerberos tickets with abap directly (without 3rd party software). One thing i have done is to configure spnego in a portal and create transaction iview's containing a sapgui command.

So you call the portal in your browser -> SSO with SPNEGO. Then you click on your abap system, this starts a sapgui window and you will be logged on with the SAPLOGONTICKET from the portal.

But if you ask me this is a rather complicated way to do single sign on, cannot really recommend that solution.

Cheers Michael

EDIT: stumbled over this thread, check out the link to the realtech paper

So you can use SNC with kerberos, even when your SAP system runs on a non windows platform.

Edited by: mho on Oct 21, 2010 10:59 AM