Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Party Configuration

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an IDOC --> SAP PI --> FILE and FILE --> SAP PI --> IDOC scenarios.

FILE system is in another landscape and hence we need to create PARTY in ID.

1) Can I create only one Business Service for FILE (common for Sender and receiver)?

2) I am creating only one PARTY per external system (we have 3 external systems), so we have 3 different Parties. Is this approach correct?

3) Once I create a Party, what should I mention under the Agency, Scheme and Name?

I have seen this blog: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party , but it mentiones what needs to be done for IDOC --> SAP PI --> FILE scenario. I have a reverse flow also.

Please suggest.

~Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Can I create only one Business Service for FILE (common for Sender and receiver)?

Yes, you can.

2) I am creating only one PARTY per external system (we have 3 external systems), so we have 3 different Parties. Is this approach correct?

Technically, you can go ahead with this approach.

3) Once I create a Party, what should I mention under the Agency, Scheme and Name?

You don't have to mention anything for Agency & Scheme, it will automatically be assigned.

Agency: http://sap.com/xi/XI

Scheme: XIParty

-Supriya.

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for responding!

You don't have to mention anything for Agency & Scheme, it will automatically be assigned.

Yes, I can see that Agency, Scheme and Name are not editable fields in the Party.

As per this blog we have to do some additional settings: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

My configuration (as of now) in ID is looking like:

Party

-->ExternalCompany1 (common for sending and receiving).

-

>Communication Component1 (common for sending and receiving)

-->ExternalCompany2 (common for sending and receiving).

-

>Communication Component2 (common for sending and receiving)

Is there anything that I have to keep in mind while doing PARTY configuration for IDOC --> SAP PI --> FILE and also for FILE --> SAP PI --> IDOC communication.

My questions may sound a bit like a novice, but this is the first time that I am doing a PARTY config.

~Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing special you have to remember about the party configuartion, technically it is just one more parameter while configuring ID.

-Supriya.

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks again.

I think I will have to maintain only one PARTY for IDOC --> SAP PI --> FILE scenario as I cannot create multiple Parties with same IDENTIFIER.

Now I will create a Party with below details for IDOC --> PI --> FILE:

Agency: SAPR3

Scheme: ALE#LS

Name: Partner Number -

> What should be the value of the Partner Number? From where can I get it?

~Thanks.

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got the Partner Number from my SAP Team.

Now I need some final details like:

1) As per my requirement I have to create 3 Parties (one for each external system), but PI is giving an error if I create more parties with same Partner Number How to handle this situation?

2) For IDOC --> PI --> FILE scenario I will use Partner Number of my SAP system.

What Partner Number should I use for FILE --> PI --> IDOC scenario? I think I can create a new PARTY in this case if Partner Number is different?

How to proceed, please help.

~Thanks.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. u will require 3 parties.

2. u do not require party for a SAP system if it is in your landscape but if it is outside your landcape..e.g SAP system of yourcustomer which is outside your landscape u will require a party

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP system is within the landscape; the FILE system is not and hence I have to use PARTY.

I have three External Systems with whom SAP PI will establish a PARTY communication. So other than creating the PARTY, I even have to make an entry for SAP system in the Agency, Scheme, Name portion (along with the default entry).

I tried creating 3 Parties with same Partner Number, but it is giving me an error.

Please help.

~Thanks.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

u will have 3 different parties and obviously 3 different partner number...

suppose PartyA is my customer with cust number 00243

PartyB is my vendor with vendor number 00999

here 00243 and 00999 are partner numbers which have to be different

Answers (0)