cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File - BPM (RFC) - Mail Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is File to Mail scenario thru BPM. in BPM I need to make RFC Call. I set ASMA in File sender adapter and File Nmae is not accessible in BPM Mapping. we are PI7.0 SP12. Im sure this is possible but for some reason not working. Any clue ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understand from your description, you should have used 2 mappings - file to RFC request and RFC response to mail receiver.

If you are just doing a RFC look up for few fields in your mapping, you can directly map the file name retrieved using udf from dynamic header to target field in your mapping.

But in the former case, how do you use the udf for file name here and where are you storing the file name value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

thaks for the reply.

File adapter to BPM - in the BPM Mapping I like to get Filename from Dynamic config.. File is used to map a field for RFC.

RFC returns all Mailpackage contents ( To, CC, etc )

2nd mapping in BPM: original file + RFC response to Mail package -- I need to send whole file here as attachment

BPM to Email using SMTP

So Q1: Im not getting Filename into BPM though I checked ASMA in the Sender File Adapter

Q2: I need to send attachment name as Dynamic which I should get from the Input Message.

we are on PI7.0 SP12.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>So Q1: Im not getting Filename into BPM though I checked ASMA in the Sender File Adapter

You cannot take the filename (using Dynamic Configuration) in Message Mapping inside BPM transformation step. So I will propose to take it before entering into BPM.

>>Q2: I need to send attachment name as Dynamic which I should get from the Input Message. we are on PI7.0 SP12.

Check the blogs in sdn, you will get more idea on this. If I get any I will reply back

Regards

Suraj