cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reduce the records in VBFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, our VBFS table is our UAT system is very large but I can't seem to reduce the size or numbers of records by much

RIght now the record count is 338,000,000 and it is sitting at 52Gb.

Our system is SAP ECC 6.0 (kernel release 7) so the sap notes I have found that take about records not deleting don't apply to our version.

The program I used was RVVBSKDL and I has selected all the options and also dis-selected all the options to try to reduce the numbers.

Does any body have any idea the best approach to remove these records, as RVVBSKDL doesn't seem to work. Also this is the UAT system so I'm not to concern about keeping long term data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Report RVVBSKDL is the report that deletes entries in tables VBFS, VBSS, and VBSK. When running the report please make sure that the proper select options are made. The options are:

1. Delete after archiving (default 'x'):

Groups/logs are only deleted if the respective documents no longer exist (that is the documents were removed by an archiving run).

2. Only delete logs (default 'x'):

The logs from collective runs are deleted, and the group data, that is the group headers and respective documents, are retained.

3. Testrun (default 'x'):

A log appears at the end containing the logs that can be deleted, but these logs are not deleted.

Please review the notes,

850490 Group number as mandatory parameter for RVVBSKDL

395035 Report RVVBSKDL does not delete all entries

68194 Deletion of groups and logs

16083 Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

For problems spefific in 600, Please check the note 951619.

951619 VASK: Multiple selection of group number not possible

I hopefully these tips can helpful.

Regards,

Rafa