cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will reimporting idoc schema remove old mappings ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an idoc imported in SAP PI by another developer. I am adding a new field to a custom segment in ECC and I want that fiels to be used in PI.

So I assume in ECC , I need to use WE60 and export the schema to XSD format and then import in PI ?

My questions:

1. How do I re - import in PI ? Menu option ?

2. Will this re import delete the old data mappings ? Will I have to redo the data mapping for all fields ?

thnks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, you can just directly import IDOC into IR or ERS of PI.

If you do IDOC packaging, then you can export to XSD and adjust occurence, re-imported.

You need to make sure:

1. Update IDOC meta data in IDX2, this make sure the newly added field appear in PI

2. Your existing mapping will not be affected assuming you just add a few fields.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liang, but I am not able to locate the menu option in SAP PI to import the IDOC ?? Can you please walk me thru that ?

And you said "Update IDOC meta data in IDX2", but in IDX2 I just see the loaded metadata and there my idoc is there and menu options for create, displaye, copy and delete. What should I do here ?

I thought once we re import the idoc this view in IDX2 will be updated automatically , am I wrong ?

thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to locate the menu option in SAP PI to import the IDOC ??

Under SWCV, you will have an option for "imported objects" ... go there and re-import the IDoc.

And you said "Update IDOC meta data in IDX2", but in IDX2 I just see the loaded metadata and there my idoc is there and menu options for create, displaye, copy and delete. What should I do here ?

Delete the old one and create a new one.

I thought once we re import the idoc this view in IDX2 will be updated automatically , am I wrong ?

No automatic updates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but I am not able to locate the menu option in SAP PI to import the IDOC ?? Can you please walk me thru that ?

The SW component under which you are developing your scenario, you will have Imported Objects --> Idoc, right click on that and import the idoc, but befor that you have to delete the old idoc from there.

Update IDOC meta data in IDX2", but in IDX2 I just see the loaded metadata and there my idoc is there and menu options for create, displaye, copy and delete. What should I do here ?

Just check whether the metadata for the new idoc is uploaded in IDX2.

If Idoc is sender, then even if you dont upload the metadata is fine, as for the first time when Idoc will come into PI, metadata will get uploaded.

There won't be any automatic update, you have to import the idoc in IR.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...But I am stuck again..

I am asked the following in the dialog..

Application server and system number.

The radio button "Overwrite server info temporarily" is selected..

I have ECC 6.0 where I have the IDOC to be imported from. Can u give me guidance on where to find the details to fill the application server and system number ?

thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it...thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to what Liang mentioned, if you "re-name" an existing field which is already mapped, then you will loose mapping for that field. So, make sure all field mappings are in place.