cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Hierarchy in SPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to create a custom Hierarchy based on Cost Center Dimension with multiple levels. In SPM standard CC hierarchy is not provided.

Question is, what is the best way to create/maintain this hierarchy and load data into it ? Can I use program RSXSA_HIERARCHY_UPLOAD for this purpose ?

I picked-up from other thread that BI7.0 doesn't support flat file upload. It's a challange to load thousands of records in this hierarchy manually for us.

Regards,

Kan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kan,

The easiest method to load cost center hierarchy is to use an existing 3.x datasource and use 3.x mechanism (Infosource, update rules) to load the hierarchy.

Second option is to create & maintain the hierarchy manually in BW.

Third options is yes you can use the delivered program to generate a hierarchy. Keep in mind that you need to add a new attribute (Cost Center parent) which can then be used to build your cost center hierarchy. This attribute is not provided out of the box. I have personally not tried this option, but don't think you should have an issue.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your quick reply. I do understand all the three options mentioned.

However option 3 of Parent CC won't work as our requirement is for external characteristics involving non-CC data like Business Area -> Group -> CC.

Please confirm my understanding.

Regards,

Kan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Kan, using option 3 you cannot add external characteristics to hierarchies. For this scenario you need to use standard BW process or maintain it manually.

Rohit

Answers (0)