cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Cost Element into a WBE element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to lock all movements (CO-FI-MM) for a WBE with a Cost Element. How to do this? It's possible with a GGB0 validation?

I'm thinking about put the Cost Element code in a WBE master data field (I don't know which one yet). Then create a validation that check in Co tables that all costs movements (not budgeting) for a WBE element has the correct cost element.

How to do this?

Thanks a lot. Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can get your requirement using Co (GGb0 transaction). It would be something like that.

Check COBL-PS_POSID <> '' OR COBL-PS_PSP_PNR <> ''

Validation cobl-hkont not equal XXXXXXXX ( here you can enter a set)

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example, I want to use the PRPS-USR00 field to insert the Cost Element code and create a validation that all the FI documents with that WBS element must have the Cost Element contained in the PRPS-USR00 field of that WBS.

Can anybody help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very sure about his but what you can do is rename the USR00 field to say, Cost Center and then make the filed mandatory. This will ensure that unless you enter the USR00 field you will not be allowed to proceed further.

As far as inclusion of this user field in the FI docs is concerned i won't be able to comment much. Lets wait for others to share their views.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's possible with a GGB0 validation?

It can be possible with CO validation.

Cost Element code in a WBE master data field (I don't know which one yet).

You cannot assign cost element in WBSE master data. What you should do is? If the CO document contains is posted with that cost element then check If WBSE is entered as the CO object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's possible with a GGB0 validation?

It can be possible with CO validation.

Cost Element code in a WBE master data field (I don't know which one yet).

You cannot assign cost element in WBSE master data. What you should do is? If the CO document contains is posted with that cost element then check If WBSE is entered as the CO object.

On the other end: I want to lock a WBS with a Cost Element, not to lock a Cost Element with a WBS.

I want to put the Cost Element in a WBS master data field (like Responisble o something like this eith a Char10 domain) and check if posting in a WBS element, if KSTAR field of the CO document is equal to Responsible Field in the WBS element

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want a field in WBSE, then check the std. user fields available in WBSE, if it doesnt suits your requirment then you have to create custom field using an exit.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you try this with help of FI/CO consultant:

if BSEG-KSTAR = XXXXX then check BSEG-pspnr (projk) in set XXXX. Maintain the WBS elements in set..

or else you can try with BSEG-KSTAR = XXXXX & BSEG-pspnr <> ' ' then check sysem user ID in set XXX..you can have set with user names who can post with above parameters...

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible with CO validation in GGB0 where in you can give the cost element set for which there will not be any authorization for user to post. Check with CO consultant.