cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

putaway and picking in ERP-WM with SU and batches with mixed stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I configured a WM warehouse with SU management, and batch management. We have bulk storage for example of 20 pallets. each pallet may have its own SU and batch numbers. As a result we may have in the bulk storage 20 SUs with 20 different batches.

I have 2 problems:

1. in Putaway strategy B (Bulk) - although the storage type is configured to allow mixed storage - automatically the system chooses the next empty bin. How can I force the system to add to existing stock instead?

2. in Outbound Delivery (when the batch number is not entered in the delivery), when I create the TO (through LT03), the system proposes a FIFO batch number (again, we are talking about Bulk storage). How do I tell the system not to determine the batch number - but instead take it from the chosen SU on confirmation?

Thanks,

Isaac

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. in Putaway strategy B (Bulk) - although the storage type is configured to allow mixed storage - automatically the system chooses the next empty bin. How can I force the system to add to existing stock instead?

In Bulk system would only one SU type perBin. If the next SU is of diferent SU type then it would propose the next Bin.

2. in Outbound Delivery (when the batch number is not entered in the delivery), when I create the TO (through LT03), the system proposes a FIFO batch number (again, we are talking about Bulk storage). How do I tell the system not to determine the batch number - but instead take it from the chosen SU on confirmation?

In this case you do not setup batch determination at delivery or WM level.

Since this is Bulk, system will allow for SU number to be entered during picking.

However the Batch number population in TO upon SU selection is doubtful.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by SU type? How do I configure different SU types? How do I set which SU type it is when putaway?

Thanks

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SU types are like E1 (Euro Pallet) IP(Industrial Pallet) etc.

In Bulk if one SU is already placed which is of E1 system will not allow to place an IP type SU after that.

You can see at the top of teh TO creation screen the SU type (Storage Unit Type)

Hope this helps

Answers (0)